Thinking bout buying a 1999 Yamaha wr 400

Hey im thinking bout buying a 1999 wr 400 i was just wondering wheather the 1999 model has the electric start and wheather you guys think it is worth it ?

no electric start.

Is it worth it...

What is the asking price ($$$)?

A U.S. bike would be ~ $3500.00

Latest Kelly Quote for a 99 WR400F is $2,800.00

99 YZ400F is $2,500.00

difference in price is based on precieved usage...Race vs Play. Both bikes in Clean Condition.

Sorry Kevin....

Latest Kelly Quote for a 99 WR400F is $2,800.00

99 YZ400F is $2,500.00

difference in price is based on precieved usage...Race vs Play. Both bikes in Clean Condition.

Your prices are based on KKB online huh? I never use that site for Motorcycle values.

TRADE-IN

The value you may expect to be offered by a dealer when trading in your own motorcycle.

And.....:

RETAIL

The value you may expect to find when shopping for a used motorcycle from a dealer.

Neither of which are any good as you are dealing with a dealer and not a private party. My book shows between $3500 low and $5000 high. Price new is $5899. Just my $0.02. :)

RETAIL VALUE is what you could expect a private buyer to pay when he bases his valuation on what everyone else is "asking" in their classified ads. Or, what you could expect to pay to a dealer after haggling for 3 hours.

TRADE IN VALUE is RETAIL VALUE minus what a dealer charges to park the car outside for awhile and to spend 3 hours harassing someone else who wants to buy it.

$3500 sounds pretty reasonable, but $5000 sure sounds like a dealer is involved to me. :)

I just purchased a new 2002 WR426 for 4,900. Will be selling my 2000 WR400 in the spring and will be super happy if I get 3,400 and it is Perfect. Blue book lists trade in at 2,800 and retail at 4,200. In our part of the country to split the two is reasonable. The Blue Book retail values are a joke and if you pay even close to it you got nailed.

No electric start but my 98 is a 1 or 2 kick bike warm 3 or 4 if cold If the price is fair by it and have fun .

G'day, I have just upgraded from a DR350 to a '99 wr400 a few weeks ago and am grinning like a split watermelon.

When looking at doing this, i was told they can be difficult to start especially when hot. Pleased to say that i have no trouble hot or cold, (or should i say cool as Townsville North Queensland Australia only has one climate, HOT.)

Also was told that they have BIG power hits, especially at top end. Dont be put off by this, yes you can feel it when you open her up but for me this is only done on a long straight and it is just WOW.

I guess what i am trying to say is, if you like the look of the bike and you have reasonable experience then go for it and have a ball.

Good luck with it all. :)

In this case either you or your dealer are smoking some pretty freaky $hit, and your should not bogart the weed man....

Any dealer that gives you way too much in a trade in is setting you up for an anal inspection later on, or is extreamely stupid..... Tell your dealer I have two very clean and well maintained 99's I would love to let go for 5K.

If you don't know what the hell your talking about, mabe you should just shut the hell up....

Bonzai :)

Sorry Kevin....

About what...???

Dunno what the asking price is of the one you're looking at, but you would probably pay up to $7000 for a real nice '99, and up to $7500-8000 for a '00 WR400F. For a little more you could get a 426, might be worth thinking about??? Bear in mind these prices are in Australia, where our dollar currently buys about 64cents US.

By: "YAMAKAZE"; If you don't know what the hell your talking about, mabe you should just shut the hell up....

And may I ask who you are directing this comment to??

speedy,

ur dollar & ours r abt the same,

over here a 98 wr4 cost abt 5k,

i heard the 00 ones r slightly better in the motor dept?

good roastin? :)

speedy,

there's a really clean 99 WR with a YZ pipe on it at Coast yamaha in SA asking $6,500 (08) 8382-5581 -Mark is the guy

cheers

Lachy

Yea but im from Victoria, anyways i found one at a dealership a 2000 wr 400 for $6000 :)