Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaleb

Need help identifying this

6 posts in this topic

Found this on sale and cannot identify what year it is. The ad says its Ti but the pipe does not so I am not sure. It also looks like it has a leak in it.

Any help identifying the year this was made would be appreciated.

Also, how much do you think is a fair price for this? Its for a 2003-2005 WR 450.

http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/maddog2k/

Thanks much!!!

Not ti, stainless. I'd offer less than $100.00, assuming it is a COMPELTE pipe, head mount and all other mounting brackets, springs, ect.

Not ti, stainless. I'd offer less than $100.00, assuming it is a COMPELTE pipe, head mount and all other mounting brackets, springs, ect.

Hey William...less than $100...those do retail at $360...is it that old?

Got to figure, once it is sold, even if it is in new condition, the value drops at least 25%. Add just a few scratches, drop another 25%. Figure the muffler is going to have to be re-packed, drop another 20%. These are minimum numbers as far as I am concerned. That totals 70% less than new (or $252.00 off new price). No way to tell for sure what bike it does fit. Buying used parts like this are often a 'do you feel lucky' proposition.

Got to figure, once it is sold, even if it is in new condition, the value drops at least 25%. Add just a few scratches, drop another 25%. Figure the muffler is going to have to be re-packed, drop another 20%. These are minimum numbers as far as I am concerned. That totals 70% less than new (or $252.00 off new price). No way to tell for sure what bike it does fit. Buying used parts like this are often a 'do you feel lucky' proposition.

Ok...thanks for the insight William...I have not bought used parts before so I appreciate the ideas.

I don't see a leak - that's a mounting bracket.

Give you an idea on used pipes - I got a brand new White Bros E series with less than 5 hours on it and no scratches whatsoever for $80.