HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThumperWR450F

weight of wr450

8 posts in this topic

i got my bike today and as i flipped through the manual it states that the wr weighs 269 pounds with all fluids.which to me after sitting on the bike feels about right .

although the little i rode it ,it felt like it was 240.

My '02 WR426 manual states it is 268 with full fuel. Is the 450 at 269 with full fuel or with no gas? If it is with full gas then Yamaha says the 450 is only a pound heavier (I'm guessing they use the same weighing method for both years, neither of which may have an honest total though).

If you take your exhaust off, could you weigh the exhaust can?

Iceman, Yes!! I was going to.. I'll let you know.... I'm guessing 10 pounds......

If I remember correctly Dan has a Canadian bike. I had a US WR426 and my friend a canadian WR 426. His muffler was longer with no taper. I'd guess it's 5 # heavier than the US version. I have weighed my 450 and posted a weight of 269# with all fluids inc a full tank of gas with an error factor of +/- 3 #. Will someone weigh another US bike to see if we have similar figures.