Trail Tech Endurance Computer

Trail Tech responded to my email in about 10 minutes. Way Cool.

Here is their answer:

The following changes were implemented on the Endurance computer:

Increment and decrement the trip distance for Enduros and Dual Sport rides. 2x faster speed readings Brighter Backlight Scratch Resistant Screen Increased case strength

Increased max speed to 199 mph

New Hard Gold Contacts

New contact design to resist vibration

some proprietary changes

Regards,

TrailTech

23712 NE Canyon Loop

Battle Ground, WA 98604

360-687-4530

Fax 928-438-5760

www.trailtech.net

Originally posted by fastmonstr:

No, the billet protector was 44.95.

Cool. I just wanted to make sure we are in line in terms of price.

Please remember when you buy in future that every dollar you spend with TT will get pumped right back into the developement of thumpertalk.com. ?

Enjoy your Trailtech Panoram! They are great!

Bryan

i went thru 5 panorams in a year.last time i sent mine back[4 months ago]they sent me endurance model and i havent had any problems since.its not only more durable but speed is calulated almost instantly.with my panoram there was about a 2sec delay from actual speed.but the endurance speed updates almost instantly.i made some negative comments about the trailtech computer in the past but after using there new version i must admit im very happy with my trailtech endurance computer.my only complaint would be that the light for display screen only stays lit for 5 secs.i wish there was a way to make it stay on for longer period of time.i ride at night a lot and have to keep hitting light button to see my speed.

Originally posted by cooperjmm:

I bought the Panoram from Walmart for $29.00. The only thing I had to do was increase the length of the sensor wire. It is the same computer that Trail Tech sells except the pickup sensor. Ive had no problems out of my setup.

Sorry, not true. Panoram is a model of computer manufactured by Topeak Inc. The TrailTech Panoram is manufactured by Topeak to TrailTech specifications, specifically for off-road applications. It is more durable and has features that the bicycle unit at Walmart does not have such as:

1. Programmable lubrication and maintenance reminders with visual prompts for bike 1 and bike 2.

2. Incrementing and decrementing (for Enduros or Dual Sport rides).

3. Gold contacts and more rugged design.

4. One year warranty from TrailTech

The TrailTech sensor head is awesome and critical to a solid, reliable unit. They also ship with a custom rotor-bolt magnet this doens't come off.

Yes, you can fudge the Walmart bicyle unit to work however, don't be fooled. It is NOT the same.

Cheers!

Bryan

my only complaint would be that the light for display screen only stays lit for 5 secs.i wish there was a way to make it stay on for longer period of time.i ride at night a lot and have to keep hitting light button to see my speed.

Same thing here, the light should stay on longer. By the time you take you eye off the road, one hand off the bars to push the button, you don’t have time to keep looking at the display because you have to look back at the road. I don’t want to go straight when the road takes a curve.