HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keano1066

06 Wr 450

7 posts in this topic

hi,i just bought an 06 wr 450 it has no mods to it other than the exhaust muffler has been removed and the bigger jet that comes with the bike(not sure of the size)has been put in.it has no running problems but i noticed the exhaust header glows orange is this normal?thanks for the help.

how long is it running prior to it getting hot and does this happen only sitting or when riding.

I agree with Mr. De Mar, probably too lean. I was asking the questions to see if it got hot just sitting there. The 4t's will get hot sitting rather fast, but if this is riding then too lean.

Search in this forum for more info, I think it is there

HEADDER GLOWING IS SOMEWHAT NORMAL but still could be lean the pea shooter tip should be removed by drilling the rivits ...not the whole tip and spark arerestor grey wire and throddle stop is huge ...they are really lean from the factory for emissions ... i did the jd to a t and it worked out well 4 me