Can I put a kickstand on my YZ?

that's wierd... i can't get it either and i know it used to be there

here's a direct pmb link

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/index.php

their stuff is excellent.....

trial tech is supposed to be pretty good... i have never used them.

my yz400 had a moose that clamped on the swing arm, it was ok, but imo a little long and set the bike too upright, always lookd like it was gonna fall over. the pmb is the only one i found that said it was ok to start the bike on it. A friend of mine has one on his crf and does it all the time.

that's wierd... i can't get it either and i know it used to be there

here's a direct pmb link

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/index.php

their stuff is excellent.....

trial tech is supposed to be pretty good... i have never used them.

my yz400 had a moose that clamped on the swing arm, it was ok, but imo a little long and set the bike too upright, always lookd like it was gonna fall over. the pmb is the only one i found that said it was ok to start the bike on it. A friend of mine has one on his crf and does it all the time.

Thanks much! Not cheap are they??!

One word....ProMotoBillet.

The other one pictured above from Rocky Mtn, IMHO, is a bad choice. I don't like the idea of something clamped to an aluminum swingarm. Don't want to damage the arm and those types tend to loosen up time to time.

Stick with PMB, they bolt right on like a factory stand and swing way up behind the number plate.

Thanks much! Not cheap are they??!

No, but it is like i have always been told

cool stuff aint cheap, cheap stuff aint cool.

the swing arm clamp on style was the one my 400 had on it that i did not like.

as said it was always coming loose and stood the bike up too much for me.

but a freind of mine has one of those on a cr125 that works perfect... the yamaha swing arm is just a different shape and did not clamp very well...

I've got the moose racing one. I like it on my 08 yz450f. Mine mounts around foot peg area. It works great for me. I cant start mine on kick stand though. It beats always trying to find a tree to lean the bike against!! All my friends ride 4 wheelers and like to stop too much ? !! I would not like one that mounts to swing arm .

• 3 weeks later...
Try Trailtech at http://www.trailtech.net/

Half the price of Promoto Billet.

I have one on my YZ400f, works just fine.

I have one on my 05 450 and had to replace the bracket b/c it was rubbing against the swing arm and Customer service was excellent! Remember that the stand is stronger than the tabs that it is affixed to on my bike. If I put my big xxx standing up on the bike and tried to break it the bottom and/or top frame flange would break or bend before the stand would. Anything that looks shiney and pretty will eventually get all scratched up anyway.