stock milage on a 02yz426?

anyone know.. stock tank.. i think 2.2 not sure anymore.. want to do a 40 mile hare and hound next month.. but cant afford a dez tank. i know that a stock tank on a 07 450 should yeild about 40 miles.. but not sure about the 426..

thanks

anyone know.. stock tank.. i think 2.2 not sure anymore.. want to do a 40 mile hare and hound next month.. but cant afford a dez tank. i know that a stock tank on a 07 450 should yeild about 40 miles.. but not sure about the 426..

thanks

I have done a 20 mile loop before and used a half tank of gas in my 01 426. Same tank. So I would think that you would be okay. It also depends on how hard you are riding it.

i guess i will just bring a gatorade bottle of gas with me.. dont want to use my 07 cause its set up for mx.. guess i will know for sure when i run out of gas.. lol..

I've used a tank in 35 miles before. It was a GP and I was on the main jet almost all race. I would think you could make 40 miles as long as your 'conservative' with the throttle. :thumbsup:

Especially if there's sand or if the rider is heavier/heavy on the throttle. Forty miles WFO with hills....could be pushing it.

I went trail riding with a fellow TTer and we went well over 40 in fact we est at about 60-70 miles.

It was a trail riding day in the woods with a little mx track (took a break while others rode).

I was taking it easy but trying to keep up :thumbsup: I have a stock gas tank and was not gettin on it at all due to the new landscape and tight woods. But in the end thats what we had thouhgt, he had a yz250 with and extra large tank and he was at empty.

Towards the end of the 4 ish hrs we took the high road and traveled home along road type pathes which was great for the gas milage.

I was very conservative since I went swimming with the bike early in one of the deep NJ TPK drainage pits, it took two of us kicking to start it back up.

We did check out fuel before venturing into the other spots, it is a riding area of mainly three areas that encompass 3-4 towns so it is huge.