01 426 Problem

I just bought a 426 and it won't hold coolant. I see the leak and its underneath the water pump on the side of the crankcase. It's coming from a hole thats supposed to be there and came from the factory that way but I'm guessing theres supposed to be a bolt or rubber stopper or something to go in there. If anybody can help me out with what i should do or where to get this part i'd appreciate it. I already looked on the internet at some exploded pictures of it and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

The hole you refer to is a weep hole and the fact that coolant is leaking from it shows your water pump seal(s) have gone. The hole is there to let the rider know there is a problem.

Check the posts on this forum for changing the water pump seals, some good advice there.

DeeCee is right. Its the water pump leaking thru the weep hole. You'll need new seals, bearing and probably the shaft. There is a manual thats free to download at the top of the forums, it has detailed instructions.

The hole you refer to is a weep hole and the fact that coolant is leaking from it shows your water pump seal(s) have gone. The hole is there to let the rider know there is a problem.
The hole is actually there to prevent coolant from contaminating the engine oil by giving it a way out other than into the primary case. It does also provide a visual indication of the leak, though.

I had the same problem right after I got my 01. It is an easy fix.

alright thanks yall i didn't know if yall was gonna be able to figure out what i was talking about. i'll be gettin it fixed soon and checkin the forums to keep learning cause i've never owned a yamaha and some of their stuff is new to me.