HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M0SSLAGER

YZ250 Kick start lever on a YZ426

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need a new kick start assembly for my 01' 426. I have been told to replace it with the same year YZ250 shorty 2 stroke lever. I was told this was a popular swap back in the day. Is there any truth to this. I know the leverage I would get is less but who has done this?

I've never heard of this swap before. I would think you would want all the leverage you could get with a big bore 4 stroke.

I know I bought a Pro-Tec kick starter (1.5 inches shorter than OEM ) for my wifes bike so she could get her short leg on it. The 1.5 inches made a hell of a difference in the resistance.

00 YZ 250 2 stoke lever works fine - I use one on my 426. No problems having used same one for 8 years. It is shorter, lighter and looks better.

Yep I switched it out and it works fine. Like you said, looks better and is also easier to start on off camber hills.