Any other dual sport riders in the Cleveland area?

On 3/15/2023 at 11:35 PM, Jesse Duke said:

I'm close to Conneaut Ohio, on the Pennsylvania line and Lake Erie. I just bought a 2023 KLX300. 

That is a nice area. I used to have a 2003 klx300. Was a good bike. How is the riding out that way?

On 3/16/2023 at 12:35 AM, Jesse Duke said:

I'm close to Conneaut Ohio, on the Pennsylvania line and Lake Erie. I just bought a 2023 KLX300. 

I'm familiar with Conneaut. Almost bought some property just outside of town a few years back. Let me know if you make it to Cleveland sometime.

• Like 1

As far as this old thread goes, I have a question that is perfect: is it hilarious that they put a bike trail right on top of the trails I blazed to connect some of the riding areas? Almost like the guys walked the trails and figured "this will work". Maybe it was the most logical way thru but it is still funny to me.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:45 AM, wobblyknobby said:

As far as this old thread goes, I have a question that is perfect: is it hilarious that they put a bike trail right on top of the trails I blazed to connect some of the riding areas? Almost like the guys walked the trails and figured "this will work". Maybe it was the most logical way thru but it is still funny to me.

There are a few abandoned railroads I used to ride that are now bike trails - New London to Greenwich, Rittman to Creston, etc. Sucks but it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 3:18 AM, wobblyknobby said:

That is a nice area. I used to have a 2003 klx300. Was a good bike. How is the riding out that way?

It's not bad. I'm just rediscovering some old trails now and finding out other ones have been closed down. The weather after Easter is forecast to be amazing. Sunny and close to 70 for a week so I'll finally be getting a lot more riding in. I still only have 200 miles on my new KLX.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, Goggles Pisano said:

I'm familiar with Conneaut. Almost bought some property just outside of town a few years back. Let me know if you make it to Cleveland sometime.

And let me know if you ever get around Conneaut or Ashtabula. I can always be found on the KLX300 Family thread in the Kawasaki section....or a PM of course.

• Like 1

I saw a map of the Trans Am Trail. It looks like a portion of the trail goes thru my county (in Tn).

Any Cleveland area riders are welcome to use my land as a rallying point to ride. I am in the middle of searching for more info as I type this. Any info is appreciated.

• Like 2

I have seen a bunch of videos of guys dual sporting around here but the actual routes are some kind of mystery. The Trans Am Trail, TN Dirt Devil and other ds events run around here but nobody seems to post the road names. Maybe they do not want anyone to ruin things.

I guess I will just have to find them for myself. Its a tuff job but I will take one for the team!

• Like 2