HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valkrider15

Extreme Makeover - Motorcyle Edition!

14 posts in this topic

Ok - So maybe not worthy of a TV show but I think the makeover looks pretty good if I say so myself. Here was the starting point. No really sad story - just a man and his bike, racing in the desert, thrashing around and breaking parts!!

It was a 2 day race with the "Carnage" taking place on Sunday. Here is the start from Saturday. Was 4th off the line and about 3/4 of hte way through the 1st loop took 3rd and ended the day there. :thumbsup:

SaturdayTurn2.jpg

Then there was Sunday -Let me just say I Crashed. And Crashed. And then for good measure . . . I crashed once more :smirk: Here is the end result :smirk:

OverallOuch.jpg

FenderOuch4.jpg

PipeOuch1.jpg

PipeOuch2.jpg

FenderOuch2.jpg

Ok, Ok -Enough of the PAIN!!! :smirk:

But all was not lost! Having just recently been offered a 0% Credit Card I figured I'd see how quickly I could max it out! Didn't take long :smirk:

Here is the end result - No more words, just pics!!!

DSCF2121.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2123.jpg

DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg

DSCF2125-1.jpg

DSCF2122.jpg

DSCF2125.jpg

Ahhh - So much better now!!! :thumbsup:

Damn, that bike sure is purty!

How long until the "after" ends up looking like the "before" :thumbsup:

It will always look like this as I'm NEVER RIDING THIS BIKE AGAIN - Just too darn good looking!!!!

Of course I'm kidding - but not planning on beating it up like this again anytime soon!!

Why is it that when a BIKE looks hot you hate to ride it and get it dirty :smirk:

But when the GIRL is hot all you want to do is ride and hope she is dirty?? :thumbsup:

Why is it that when a BIKE looks hot you hate to ride it and get it dirty :smirk:

But when the GIRL is hot all you want to do is ride and hope she is dirty?? :thumbsup:

Because we like our bikes and they don't annoy the shit out of us! :smirk:

man how did you do that to your wing, i mean fender. you doin wheelie stands? i like the one hand guard left. i did a hare scramble last yr and after the hardest day of ridin was over i realized that the sprocket bolts had come loose and ended up cracking my rear hub. besides that and a broken finger, i gotta 7th pl trophey outta 15. it was well worth the 4 inch trophey that says "placed in class"

first pictures dont look to hot! that sucks man. sad to see a Dr. D. all busted up like that. i made a custom shorty pipe for my bike and was testing it our around my house...after about 10 minets it ending up looking about like that DR. D. it also bent the piss out of my sub frame! pretty sad bein' i was just riding around in my feild! guess i forgot how easy it could wheelie over backwords when not paying attension.

That looks really good. Nice Job. Where'd you get the graphics kit? And how much.

Graphics kit was from eBay. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350127419369

man how did you do that to your wing, i mean fender. you doin wheelie stands? i like the one hand guard left. i did a hare scramble last yr and after the hardest day of ridin was over i realized that the sprocket bolts had come loose and ended up cracking my rear hub. besides that and a broken finger, i gotta 7th pl trophey outta 15. it was well worth the 4 inch trophey that says "placed in class"

Well, to put it simply . . . I received a FULL INDOCTRINATION into desert racing. I crashed 3 times - once in each loop.

The first one I hit a rock and got pitched over the bars. Broke off one of the bark busters, lost my front brakes due to a leaking cable, and tore the speedo lead for my TrailTech. But I contined on and finished the loop conquering the finish hill!!

On the second loop I was taking it easy and lost it one of the wash areas. This one actually did the most damage to my body as I hit pretty hard on my hip - I'll have a huge bruise tomorrow I am sure. But I continued on and finished the loop conquering the finish hill for a second time!!

Then on the third loop (Wish they would have stopped me at two), I was feeling better and picked up a little more speed, still not close to race pace though. I was going through a rough woop section and the bars almost got yanked out of my hands, so I grabbed on tight and in the process GRABBED A FIST FULL OF THROTTLE just as I hit a whoop and the bike simply took off!! The more I held on, the higher the bike went. I hit the ground in a perfect superman pose with the bike landing about 30 feet from me. Once I cleared all the dirt from my goggles, helmet , mouth, shorts, I proceeded to the bike and found it in this condition.

I was going through a rough woop section and the bars almost got yanked out of my hands, so I grabbed on tight and in the process GRABBED A FIST FULL OF THROTTLE just as I hit a whoop and the bike simply took off!! The more I held on, the higher the bike went.

Are you keeping your elbows out? I've done this a few times, but quickly learned that with my elbows out I have much better control on the throttle. Actually there's much more control overall; I find it positions me to react more quickly to just about anything.

Was the subframe bent, or just the pipe and fender? It looks a lot better now!

Are you keeping your elbows out? I've done this a few times, but quickly learned that with my elbows out I have much better control on the throttle. Actually there's much more control overall; I find it positions me to react more quickly to just about anything.

Was the subframe bent, or just the pipe and fender? It looks a lot better now!

Well, after racing almost 40 miles pon Saturday, then on lap 3 Sunday with probably 35 miles behind me, I am sure my elbows were drooping a bit. I do try to keep them up and out as I know you get much more control that way.

As for the subframe - HISTORY! I did manage to find a used one on ebay that wasn't too expensive. The bit hit was obviously the pipe. :thumbsup:

Thats a nasty looking YZ. I'm almost crying for ya. Exhausts looks really bad. I dont think you could fix that one.

Dude looks sick after the transformation, the bent pipe is one of the reasons I can't justify spending a lot on a pipe, as I seem to crash alot and smash things up (recently did the header), so I'm making do with the stock system and a DB dawg, id run if without the insert if noise wasn't so strict in the UK.