Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almostinvincible119

Oil from Fork Bleeders

13 posts in this topic

I know this may be a completely stupid question, but I installed some of those Motion Pro Bleeders on my 06 450 and now everytime I bleed the forks, oil comes out with some air. I chewed up the stockers with my crap screwdriver technique. Thanks everyone

(and I know this probably should be posted in the Suspension forum, but I've searched for this problem and no one else has it, so I was wondering if it was a Yamaha thing or not)

If you take the weight off the forks when you bleed them you shouldn't get any oil. Put it on a stand and try it..............

If you take the weight off the forks when you bleed them you shouldn't get any oil. Put it on a stand and try it..............

Eaxctly...you must bleed them with the front tire elevated off the ground. If you are doing that, maybe the oring is bad that comes on the stock screws

guys, maybe I should have posted this in my original post, but I'm not that much of a noob. I dont even store my bike in my shop with the rubber on the ground.

How soon after riding do you vent the fork?

What is your outer chamber oil level?

When did you last change your fork oil?

Normally I release the air right before I ride (just once in the morning) and periodically during the week after it has been on a stand all week.

The outer chamber oil is set at stock CC's whatever that is...I think i wanna say its 350cc or something? I really cant remember without the manual

About 6 hours ago was the last time I changed seals and oil.

You may have oil pooled on top of the free pistons, which is not a good thing. Otherwise, I have no idea. Mine don't do that.

I know this may be a completely stupid question, but I installed some of those Motion Pro Bleeders on my 06 450 and now everytime I bleed the forks, oil comes out with some air. I chewed up the stockers with my crap screwdriver technique. Thanks everyone

(and I know this probably should be posted in the Suspension forum, but I've searched for this problem and no one else has it, so I was wondering if it was a Yamaha thing or not)

I have the same M.P. bleeders on mine and the left one burps a little too. I haven't had them serviced in a long time so I don't know why they do it but I did have heavier oil in them by the suspension shop. It stopped awhile back so maybe it was a little over filled?

Mine don't do it either even with the bike sitting on the ground since I tend to bleed them mid ride (heat makes the air inside expand so you end up building up air pressure as you ride). The bleeder really can't be faulty, it either works or doesn't, it's not like there's any part in it that is supposed to stop oil from escaping.

Sure sounds like your forks are overfilled....