Dr. D exhaust

Just found a used Dr. D exhaust on craigs list for my sons bike. He trashed his head pipe. The whole Dr. D exhaust was cheaper than buying a new head pipe. Just wondering if anybody runs this exhaust. Its the SS complete w/no sparky. He's young and wants all the power he can get his hands on. Thanks.

That's a good decision.

I've been running DRD's exhaust systems on all of my race bikes for the past 4 years. The thing that makes DRD the best choice around is a accumulation of performance, quality and customer support. I understand Doug Dubach has deep connections with factory Yamaha and may be the most informed and capable pipe builder for Yamaha's on the market.

Just like Ross Maeda at ENZO suspension is the Kayaba suspension guru, Dubach is the Yamaha exhaust guru, there is a lot to be said about that. ?

MW

We run DRD SS systems on both bikes and are very pleased with them. We run sparkys, since they're required by the rules. DRD sells a kit to convert his non-sparky mufflers, too, if that becomes an issue. We run 45/165/stock needle in 4 just about everywhere in SoCal.

One thing: the genuine DRD packing kits seem expensive, but they are definitely worth it. They last longer than loose packing, are are enormously easier to use.

I removed the end cap this morning and installed a screen we had from another muffler. Luckily it fit. Now we legal. We'll run this system on Sunday. Jr is all excited about Sunday.

Thanks all for you input. Sounds like money well spent. I'll have to keep my eyes open for another deal.

Wow, what a difference. Jr put some serious trail miles on the new exhaust. Nothing but good things to say about the used exhaust system. Tried with and without the screen. Noticeable difference without the screen, but to be legal we run the SA. Thanks for all replies.