06 Yz450

This past weekend had me looking at buying a quad to keep me entertained during the winter when it's too icy to ride on two wheels, and during my search I found what looks to be a clean 06 YZ450 for an excellent price.

Aren't there a lot of happy '06 450 owners here?

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own two. peace.gif:thumbsup:

I freakin love mine!

I rode a friend's for a few laps on the MX track....wow what a beast

My 06 is the best thumper I have ever owned.

Mine was ok. The motor is awesome even in stock form, but the bike handles like rather poor compared to the 08/09, and feels like a runaway barge compared to a Suzuki (my opinion). Just an observation after riding both.

mine is perfect

Only Thumper i have ever owned but it never gave me any problems.

I picked up a carryover '06 at the end of our riding season,only got about 4 hours on it but I couldn't be happier with the bike, and the reliability is a bonus!

We have two and love em. What a great bike.

Awesome bike!!!:smirk::thumbsup:

Best bike iv ever had, you cant go wrong!

I've had my 06 since August of this year and I'm very happy with it so far. Great suspension, reliable engine, well-supported aftermarket and a ton of factual & helpful advice from this forum!

Whatever the case, ride it before you buy it just to make sure the bike is for you. Some riders take issue with the way the bike "steers", but there seems to be many simple fixes (ie. different handlebars or triple clamps). I notice the steering on mine is a tad lazy and heavy, but that's compared to my 250 2-stroke.

What other bikes are you considering?

I'm currently riding a 426, so I don't think I would have any issues with the weight or handling of a 06 YZ450. I guess the question is, "would you trade your 426 for a 06+ 450?" I see many praises of the 06 450, but there are just as many people saying "I wish I never sold my 426." Wait a minute, who am I fooling? I'm never getting rid of my 426!

As for the other bikes I'm considering, I'm looking at either a YZ450 or YZ250 2t. The 426 got me bleeding blue, I just can't decide what engine I want. I found the 2t to be less expensive, however I'm addicted to the four stroke torque! Since I'm planning to keep the YZ, I think I answered my own question! I could always wait a few years and pick up an used 450 with EFI... :thumbsup:

yup love my too. had it since 06

I'm currently riding a 426, so I don't think I would have any issues with the weight or handling of a 06 YZ450. I guess the question is, "would you trade your 426 for a 06+ 450?" I see many praises of the 06 450, but there are just as many people saying "I wish I never sold my 426." Wait a minute, who am I fooling? I'm never getting rid of my 426!

As for the other bikes I'm considering, I'm looking at either a YZ450 or YZ250 2t. The 426 got me bleeding blue, I just can't decide what engine I want. I found the 2t to be less expensive, however I'm addicted to the four stroke torque! Since I'm planning to keep the YZ, I think I answered my own question! I could always wait a few years and pick up an used 450 with EFI... :thumbsup:

Funny, that's what I was gonna do until I couldn't wait and picked up an '08 450. Looks like my fuel injected version will be a couple years off . . .

I got one also and love the bike.

The bike is so amazing!

Mine was ok. The motor is awesome even in stock form, but the bike handles like rather poor compared to the 08/09, and feels like a runaway barge compared to a Suzuki (my opinion). Just an observation after riding both.

I will have to agree i owned an 06 and loved it. I sold it to my friend and bought an 08. What a difference between the two. Until I bought an 08 the 06 was the best bike I have ever owned. Go for it.