HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SealClubber

modified tailgate

6 posts in this topic

I saw a Chevy truck that had a tailgate with two slots cut into it for motorcycle back tires so you can transport the bikes with the tailgate up. :)

Has anyone else seen this and do you know where I can get one? I have emailed Chevy but got no reply yet. It is not on their accessories list. May have been custom made.

I have seen a couple of these setups at races in Aus - I reckon you need a spare tailgate and a big angle grinder - some paint if you want to get fancy.

They look pretty trick but represent a fairly expensive modification.

The slotted tailgate is a good idea. I’d like to make or buy some sort of a step that mounts below the rear bumper, to help when loading and unloading the bikes.

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you. It has been bugging me for weeks.

Dan :)

All that stuff it has are great ideas but the only part I would actually buy is the tailgate and maybe built in ramp setup.

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lawrence ]

That really is pretty cool - for the guy that has everything already I guess :) . I've got a "buddy ramp" on the back of my Chev -it works really good but is butt-ugly in comparison.