HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TallJohn

Best power, minimal noise from White Bross

1 post in this topic

My brand new second hand (good ol' Ebay) E-series pro-meg with Vortip insert arrived last week. Fitted in an instance, and spent all day out on the Ridgeway on Sunday.

I am very impressed with the amount of additional low and mid range torque I get, but as some of you have stated, it was rather loud! Each time I passed through a village, everyone had heard me coming, finished their lunch, slowly walked outside and were leaning against the fence waiting for me to go past. That loud.

It didn't appear to need any changes of jetting - thanks again Taffy.

I started with 12 disks and the 180 heat shield, and ended up taking 5 disks off for about the same power and less noise. Has anyone got a suggestion for the best power to noise ratio. We don't have to use the spark arresters in the UK, so that is not a restriction for me.

Thanks,

John