Front Brake bleeding

If you do not have a vacum bleeder you could try bench bleeding you front brake. Remove the master cylinder brake line and caliper as a assembly. Clamp the caliper in a vice. Place a shim thicker than the rotor between the pads. The bleeder should be the highest elevated part of the assembly. Place a hose on the bleeder with a catch basin to catch the fluid. Check fluid level in the resevor. Pump the brake lever and hold it while cracking the bleeder. Close bleeder release pressure on lever. Repeat till the brake gets hard, add fluid as needed to the reservor.

50% off topic, but has anyone used the speed bleeders on their calipers? Kinda like a one way bleeder valve, just crack it, pump a few times then tighten back up... Sounds a lot easier than the old way?

I have one but wasn't all that impressed with it. You have to have it somewhat bled before it will work as it needs a fair amount of fluid pressure to open the check valve. The best results I've had is to use a large syringe and force fluid back to the master cylinder from the caliper bleeder or the old standby - pump the lever and crack the bleeder. Never had much success with my vacuum bleeder. Works good on the car but not the bike.