HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S1rst

Handguards, what do you have????

21 posts in this topic

Right i need to sort some handgurds for my 08 WR450. Im looking at the acerbis rally pro or the polisport shield. Ive noticed a few have fitment issues with the acerbis on other bikes but not seen any issues with the WR.

Mine wont be tking a great bashing but its to protect the levers more than anything. Id like the cycra pro bends but there twice the price of the two above for what essentially does the same job from what i can see???

So what do you have and how do you rate them???

Cheers :thumbsup:

I got cycra side mount triple clamp mount handguards and i like them alot. They are super clean and tough

Bark Busters triple clamp mounted. Strong as.....

I recommend ones with the alloy bar in them. Your hands will thank you.

So cycra's seem to be the top choice as expected. How exactly are they better than say the polisport sheild though as they look almost the same design?

Its the difference between £100 for the cycra's and £50 for the polisports or acerbis so id like to try and save some cash at this time of the year if possible.

I've got the Acerbis Rally 2's and they suck. I busted the right one the first time I dropped the bike. Cycra is the way to go. You get what you pay for.

So cycra's seem to be the top choice as expected. How exactly are they better than say the polisport sheild though as they look almost the same design?

Its the difference between £100 for the cycra's and £50 for the polisports or acerbis so id like to try and save some cash at this time of the year if possible.

order them from here at thumpertalk and you should save a bit mate. :thumbsup:

Bark Busters triple clamp mounted. Strong as.....

I recommend ones with the alloy bar in them. Your hands will thank you.

We also use the Ego Barkbusters on my wifes bike and on mine...

We tried some other stuff before, but this ones are the only i really can recommend.

i would say the acerbis rally pro. ive found that they are realy strong and last forever. and all of the people i know have them and they ride lots of tight technical trails and they get hit alot and they still have there first sets.

I'm kind of doing the handguard switcheroo these days. I bent, severely, a full aluminum brand on a simple crash. I think the handguard hit just in the right spot on an angle and it twisted the thing like a pretzel.

But I see many Fastways and Cycras on WR450F's as compared to other brands.

I have the Acerbis guards with the aluminium bar running through it.

I bought them as they looked pretty tough and looked good.

However both times the bike has been dropped they have bent like soft butter - along with associated snapper levers :thumbsup:

I think I will be buying another make once these break for good!

wr_bent1.jpg

I have the aceribs rally pros on my bike right now but actually just ordered the Cycra PB today. After denting the rally pros 3 times to where I could pull the clutch lever in I'm ditching them. The hand protection on them is minimal also, save yourself the hassel get the Cycras.

Yeah im thinking i might just go for the cycra's if they seem to be amonst the best available. Its just the basic designs all seem the same so thought i could save a few quid.

order them from here at thumpertalk and you should save a bit mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that mate, but i looked on here and it actually worked out more expensive than me buying them in the UK. There £100 here in the UK, and they work out at £105 on here, so by the time i add duty, tax and handling charge when they arrive, ill be looking at about £145.