kick starter broke

i have an '07 wr 450 so this morning i went to start and the battery was dead so then proceeded to kick it so then it back fired so i went to kick it again and the little block that the starter stops on so it comes off at a 90 degree angle form the bike was complently broke off

so does anyone know of anyone who makes a stronger one

the dealer quoted me on oem replacement of 127.00

Try Motion Pro. I had a BBR kick starter for my 400 years ago but that was before BBR went to pit bikes only...

I would search the TT Store here and see what you find

Ebay!

They're on e-bay off of parted out '06, '07, and '08 YZ 450fs all the time. Usually between $45 and $75. Which reminds me I should pick a few up just incase so I'm not inconvienenced.

Its not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

Its not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

No way. It happens obviously .You make it sound like everybike had problems

I have seen both WRs and YZs that have gone for years with the original kickers

I broke two on my 400 one stocker and one BBR.... since then, (3 WR's later) I have never broken one but obviously the e-button has an impact on longevity.

You gotta be kidding me... these kickers break? I've never seen a kickstart lever break on any bike... I figured they were way over-engineered.

They wear out where they hit the footpeg with every kick and also put a lot of force back at the pivot connection because of the abrupt stop when they hit the footpeg, so if you can't easily start your bike or you stall it a lot - this means you'd be putting a lot more wear on the part than normal and it would get weak fast.

If you start your bike with 1 kick and rarely stall it, it should last a lifetime.

No way. It happens obviously .You make it sound like everybike had problems

I was talking more for me than others. I could see how that sentance could be interpereted as a blanket statement.

Those that e-start (or kick like a girl) will probably have the kickstarter last the life of the bike.

I kick the sonofabitch hard (1 kick bike) and there is already a substantial amount of material missing from the kickstart at the part where it meets el footpego. It wouldn't surprise me if it fails within the next year:ride:

You gotta be kidding me... these kickers break? I've never seen a kickstart lever break on any bike... I figured they were way over-engineered.

BrokenKickstarter.jpg

Shit happens :thumbsup: