HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThumperKid250F

Hinson clutch.. synthetic or not?

16 posts in this topic

hey guys i have a 2006 yz 450 with a long rod kit ect ect.. and a full hinson clutch so im just wondering what oil would be good for the hinson clutch?

im thinking of useing rotella synthetic 5w 40 in the gal sizes, ill be changing it after everyride this ice season.. also would the 5w 40 work well in winter temps?

i no this is another oil thread sorry

A Hinson clutch doesn't require different oil than a stock clutch, and the length of your rod has nothing to do with lubricant.....or does it?..:usa:

Yes, 5W40 is fine for winter time. :thumbsup:

I love oil threads! Let the bickering begin. :smirk:

A Hinson clutch doesn't require different oil than a stock clutch, and the length of your rod has nothing to do with lubricant.....or does it?..:usa:

Yes, 5W40 is fine for winter time. :thumbsup:

I love oil threads! Let the bickering begin. :smirk:

yes i no the lenght of the rod has nothing to do with what oil you use..

i was just wondering if it works better with synthetic or not

5w40 is a really good weight for cold. but if being changed every ride, what type of oil you use, either synthetic or non, wont really matter.

5w40 is a really good weight for cold. but if being changed every ride, what type of oil you use, either synthetic or non, wont really matter.

yea i get at where your going. but a normal day on the ice is around 4 hours run time and you are kindof beating your bike up doing so..

i just change it everyride to have a peace of mind that i no the oil is good.

yea i get at where your going. but a normal day on the ice is around 4 hours run time and you are kindof beating your bike up doing so..

i just change it everyride to have a peace of mind that i no the oil is good.

no doubt changing oil every ride is good, i change my synthetic oil every other on my bike. all im saying is, in relation to wear, it wont make a difference, and in relation to the additive package, its not long enough for it to kick in anyways.

basically what im saying is that at those time intervals, the differences between sythetic and regular are negligible in the clutch.

no doubt changing oil every ride is good, i change my synthetic oil every other on my bike. all im saying is, in relation to wear, it wont make a difference, and in relation to the additive package, its not long enough for it to kick in anyways.

basically what im saying is that at those time intervals, the differences between sythetic and regular are negligible in the clutch.

what oil are you running?

I was wondering what benefits does a full hinson clutch offer for an amateur MX rider. I have never had a problem with OEM clutches slipping or anything.

I was wondering what benefits does a full hinson clutch offer for an amateur MX rider. I have never had a problem with OEM clutches slipping or anything.

well for i need it because of all the work done to my motor making more Hp. the stock clutch just couldent hold it

well for i need it because of all the work done to my motor making more Hp. the stock clutch just couldent hold it

Please explain how the clamping force is different in the stock vs Hinson....

Please explain how the clamping force is different in the stock vs Hinson....

man you really seem to be on my ass for somereason...

all i no is that when you make more power than stock then your clutch is going to be the weak link so i wanted a bullet proof clutch. is there anything wrong with that no..

for example.. you build a 500 hp street car and you slap the stock clutch in it. yea its going to last for a little while but after lets say a week or two its going to start to slip..

man you really seem to be on my ass for somereason...

all i no is that when you make more power than stock then your clutch is going to be the weak link so i wanted a bullet proof clutch. is there anything wrong with that no..

for example.. you build a 500 hp street car and you slap the stock clutch in it. yea its going to last for a little while but after lets say a week or two its going to start to slip..

I'm not on your ass.... I answered your first question, just wanted some info on why everybody spends so much money on Hinson stuff.

I'm not on your ass.... I answered your first question, just wanted some info on why everybody spends so much money on Hinson stuff.

o sorry my bad. its been a longnight in the garage..

Hinsons are nice clutches, with that being said I never had clutch issues with the OEM baskets in any of my Yamahas. The stock stuff seems pretty good. Worked on a couple of RM 250's that had issues with the stock clutch compnents.