Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t-bucket nut

Looking for cheap on line rebuild parts.

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm looking for where you can get cheap rebuild top end parts for my 07 YZ450F. I had an incident on the trail with a truck and caused the plastic part that the air filter attaches to broke free of the air boot thus causing dust to get in my motor during the rest of ride. My motor still runs strong with no noise, but will let a puff of blue smoke out of the exhaust when started cold or hot. You can also smell burnt oil coming from the exhaust when riding behind me. Still starts well, but I want to pull the cylinder and for wear and will most likely replace piston, rings, and valves to be safe. I would appreciate any help with where to get parts, I have heard of service Honda , but I've never had to do any major work on my past Yamaha 's.

Hi guys, I'm looking for where you can get cheap rebuild top end parts for my 07 YZ450F. I had an incident on the trail with a truck and caused the plastic part that the air filter attaches to broke free of the air boot thus causing dust to get in my motor during the rest of ride. My motor still runs strong with no noise, but will let a puff of blue smoke out of the exhaust when started cold or hot. You can also smell burnt oil coming from the exhaust when riding behind me. Still starts well, but I want to pull the cylinder and for wear and will most likely replace piston, rings, and valves to be safe. I would appreciate any help with where to get parts, I have heard of service Honda , but I've never had to do any major work on my past Yamaha 's.

Well, it depends what way you are looking to go. OEM , or aftermarket parts. If OEM , the TT store has some of the cheapest OEM prices around, as does Motosport.com. If aftermarket, I would go with a weisco piston, and do some homework on what jug and valves to get. TT store also sells aftermarket, as does rockymountainmc.com and denniskirk.com Hope this helps

Well, it depends what way you are looking to go. OEM , or aftermarket parts. If OEM , the TT store has some of the cheapest OEM prices around, as does Motosport.com. If aftermarket, I would go with a weisco piston, and do some homework on what jug and valves to get. TT store also sells aftermarket, as does rockymountainmc.com and denniskirk.com Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use the same jug (cylinder) will I need to change it if I go with a Weisco piston?

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use the same jug (cylinder) will I need to change it if I go with a Weisco piston?

yes, you can use the same jug. When you order the piston from weisco, just tell them you want a stock replacement. Same piston as stock, but built by weisco.

Thanks for your help, I'll probaly tear into over Christmas when I have some time off.

No problem, and welcome to TT