HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NortonMoto

06 Frame Same As 07?

8 posts in this topic

I need a new frame for my 2006 yz450f And found 07 frame will it work? I do know part # is the same.

I need a new frame for my 2006 yz450f And found 07 frame will it work? I do know part # is the same.

If the part # is the same, then it should be the same frame. There might be a difference between the two years subframe though, just check part # on those too.

Not sure about the yz but WR450 in 06 used a steel frame with dry sump motor. 07 Wr450 has an aluminum frame with a wet sump crankcase-- verry different setup.

I'm curious. Why do you need a new frame?

07 Wr450 has an aluminum frame with a wet sump crankcase-- verry different setup.
The '07 WR450 is a DRY sump engine. The oil tank is locate inside the crankcases, instead of externally, but it is still separate from the sump, and the engine still has two oil pumps.