yz400f lowering link?

My brother has a 99 YZ400F and he's looking to lower it a bit. Does anyone make a lowering link for a bike that old? I checked out Yamalink and they only go back to 02 from what I can see on the website. If no links, is there another way to lower the bike a few inches without having to cut the frame and do all that jazz? Thanks for any and all help!:thumbsup:

Try yamahaloweringlink.com. Didn't see one for the 400 but call them as they might have a lead on something that would work. Good luck.

Sounds like that might be the way to go. I just didn't want to have to cut the frame or do anything crazy like that. Thanks.

My brother has a 99 YZ400F and he's looking to lower it a bit. Does anyone make a lowering link for a bike that old? I checked out Yamalink and they only go back to 02 from what I can see on the website. If no links, is there another way to lower the bike a few inches without having to cut the frame and do all that jazz? Thanks for any and all help!:thumbsup:

Here ya go. I've bought a link for my wifes bike from these guys... http://www.mountainmotorsports.biz/pages/customcatalogs/viewproductdetail/59/283/273/2214/1/0/1/dirt-bike-lowering-linkyamaha-lowering-link.aspx

I'm not a really short guy at 5'9" with a 30" inseam and I was able to turn down the spring ('99 YZ400F) on the stock shock the three inches I needed to throw my leg over and be able to kick start it comfortably. The spring retainer and lock ring was about half way up the body stock. Now it's about an inch from the top of the threads. Is there any reason why that's a bad idea?

I'm not a really short guy at 5'9" with a 30" inseam and I was able to turn down the spring ('99 YZ400F) on the stock shock the three inches I needed to throw my leg over and be able to kick start it comfortably. The spring retainer and lock ring was about half way up the body stock. Now it's about an inch from the top of the threads. Is there any reason why that's a bad idea?

Effects sag and handling performance. Also could make the bike do scary things in whoops, and jumps.

OOO, I clicked on the sag link and I have discovered technical articles. Good reading and I guess I'm buying a new spring for my 240 pound fat a$$ and some KISS signature riser boots (or a step stool).

OOO, I clicked on the sag link and I have discovered technical articles. Good reading and I guess I'm buying a new spring for my 240 pound fat a$$ and some KISS signature riser boots (or a step stool).

Some Paul Stanley boots would look kickass ----- but anyway -- ni also have to use a milkcrate or something to start mine, especially when its cold -- anyone under 5'10" has been there

According to the article on sag and dampening, even some pro riders can't touch the ground with more than a tip toe?! This is going to take some getting used to.