motor mounts wont line up? yz 450 ( longrod kit)

ok so i put in a Falicon longrod kit in my 2006 yz 450 and im having trouble with the motor mounts because i have a spacer under the cilinder that raised the motor up..

i can get the swingarm, front mounts, and the bottem bolt on but i cant seems to get the 2 motor mounts on that connect to the frame to the head..

does anybody have any ideas on what i should do..

i was thinking because i can get the top motormounts on that connect to the head but then i cant get the front ones on. so i was thining maybe i can drill out the front ones?

If you file out all of the holes on the headstay it might work. How are you going to get the valve cover off to check the valves? It is tight enough without the head being raised up.

well i was looking at it again and i dont want to change the pitch of the motor so that means i have to adjust the top motor mounts. im just going to cut the nut off and longgate the holes then fill it in with weld where the old hole use to be

with the valves i might be able to get the cover off. or i might just have to looseing the motor up so i can get it off..

well i was looking at it again and i dont want to change the pitch of the motor so that means i have to adjust the top motor mounts. im just going to cut the nut off and longgate the holes then fill it in with weld where the old hole use to be

That is pretty much what I said, the headstay is the top motor mount. If you oval out all of the holes (you may need to weld the nuts back on) you might be able to fit it on.

That is pretty much what I said, the headstay is the top motor mount. If you oval out all of the holes (you may need to weld the nuts back on) you might be able to fit it on.

yea its gunna need a little more than a file but ill make it work., thanks KJ. if i dont put the welded nuts back on ill just do a nut and bolt..

i was looking at doing a longrod kit. you mind if i ask you how much it costed you? was it +3 mm or was it bigger:)

no trouble at all, you ask me this in one of your threads on you building up your yz 480.. i just copied and pasted my answere from last time ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yz480doinwork

you mind if i ask how much that cost you?

ok i got the custom forged 1pc knife long rod,crank is blueprinted/balanced/welded, got the spaceer plate, longer cam chain. and the install parts like longer bolts and such.. it cost me right around $900.00 and thats with a little discount they gave me also.. so think right around 1100

im also useing a CP Hi comppiston..

give them a call and let them know what u want to do and they will give you straight no bullcrap answers..