around goose creek, sc?

Hi...if anyone is around goose creek sc that knows the 2001 yzf 426 pretty good...I would really like to invite you over and if you can help me work on my bike...I'll pay you or work on something for you? I have tools for trade or whatever...I have not been able to fix this problem with my carbs/? Thanks

thanks man...wish I was back in oregon, my dad lives in st. helens. Yeah I have put it on here a few times, but it all boils down to the carbs and I take them apart and inspect and clean them and its still doing the same thing...I'm frustrated haha.

Understand the frustration. By no means am I an expert on anything, but I'll read your previous posts and see if I can offer any horrible suggestions resulting in hours of lost time and eventually leading to the purchase of a new motorcycle..... at least that seems to work for me. ?

Ok, I've read your posts and we'll try to run through some things. First, it seems when dealing with carbs, that one symptom can show a problem coming from various areas. You cleaned the carb, but were you able to actually clean each jet? I usually take some small wire and run it through all of the jets to clean things out. In your manual, it should give the specs for the float bowl height, I would check this and make sure your carb is within spec. Also, if your bike is stock, I would double check and make sure all jets are at the stocks numbers.

When you referenced the throttle stop screw in your other posts, did you mean the throttle stop screw or idle adjustment? I ask this because I ran into some of your same issues with a WR250F. I screwed with that thing forever until i realized that the idle adjustment was way off and I had to reset it to get everything going again.

After everything is clean and put together, I would re-install it and try jump starting it on a hill. At least you can get some good fuel through it this way and save your leg during kicking. If you get it to fire and run going down hill, just continue to ride it out and see how it reacts through the throttle range. Information from this endeavor can rule out some other problems that we don't know about.

Let us know how this goes and we'll go from there.....

Chad

Thank you...I did clean each jet with wire. I am talking about the black knob screw on the same side as the hot start and choke that goes to the other side where your cables hook up. I messed with that...am I right in what its called? I will go try those other things and let you know...thanks

Chad...I just kicked it and it started, still having some issues...I'm excited but in a hurry....I'm not sure if its against policy, if it is i'm sorry, but could you please call me at 843-425-0435...I have a couple questions that maybe I could ask while looking at the bike...I am trying to go riding in tenessee with my friends tomorrow...thanks again.

Thank you...I did clean each jet with wire. I am talking about the black knob screw on the same side as the hot start and choke that goes to the other side where your cables hook up. I messed with that...am I right in what its called? I will go try those other things and let you know...thanks

that knob is idle adjustment, idle it up and see if it will stay running

Well I'm getting closer. I went out today and kicked the bike and she fired up in two kicks...with the choke pulled. Now the pipe gets hot and glowing...I heard thats normal. When I rev it, the bike lags a bit at full throttle and pops on the way down. I checked the shims again and they are perfect, timing mark on the crank...theres an (H I) I lne up with the I on the right and the cams line up good as well. I still haven't been able to drop the choke and let it run right....I'm guessing if its getting ready its warm enough? Its about 50 degrees out here, the bike shouldn't have to run choked for more than 5 mins to be warm right?

Well I'm getting closer. I went out today and kicked the bike and she fired up in two kicks...with the choke pulled. Now the pipe gets hot and glowing...I heard thats normal. When I rev it, the bike lags a bit at full throttle and pops on the way down. I checked the shims again and they are perfect, timing mark on the crank...theres an (H I) I lne up with the I on the right and the cams line up good as well. I still haven't been able to drop the choke and let it run right....I'm guessing if its getting ready its warm enough? Its about 50 degrees out here, the bike shouldn't have to run choked for more than 5 mins to be warm right?

ok now were gettin somewhere. The header glowing is normal. The popping on decelleration and only running with choke on is a sign of the bike running lean. I guarantee if you fatten up the air fuel mix, you will have it running. Turn the screw out a 1/4 turn and see what happens, if it gets better, go another 1/4 untill it runs great. The screw is located on the bowl and is a standard screwdriver slot.

okay, so is this screw the one that is up inside a slot? If thats it I pulled it out when I cleaned the carb and put it back in. I have tried adjusting it while the bike was running choked and it made a little different on throttle response. I turned two turns out from soft seat when re-installing it...this made it start at least...I then adjusted it almost 3 turns out and in while it running choked and not much different. Is this the right screw? My bike has quick response if I barely hit the throttle (choked), but if I floor it is when it bogs. Thanks for your help again in advance

okay, so is this screw the one that is up inside a slot? If thats it I pulled it out when I cleaned the carb and put it back in. I have tried adjusting it while the bike was running choked and it made a little different on throttle response. I turned two turns out from soft seat when re-installing it...this made it start at least...I then adjusted it almost 3 turns out and in while it running choked and not much different. Is this the right screw? My bike has quick response if I barely hit the throttle (choked), but if I floor it is when it bogs. Thanks for your help again in advance

Alright, Have you tried to idle the bike up very high without the choke on and get it running that way? Because if it still wont run without the choke, that makes me think it is way too lean. I am almost wondering if you need to play with main and pilot jets. also, is the hot start knob stuck open? Sometimes they stick. That would make the bike run lean as well.

I think you are onto something great here lol...I will try the high idle thing in the morning...too late for my neighbors here...however I have never, ever had to use the hot start knob...it never needed it...makes me think its stuck open...I'll let ya know in the morning...thanks for giving me hope haha....have a good night

I think you are onto something great here lol...I will try the high idle thing in the morning...too late for my neighbors here...however I have never, ever had to use the hot start knob...it never needed it...makes me think its stuck open...I'll let ya know in the morning...thanks for giving me hope haha....have a good night

hey no problem, wish you the best