Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
genem

Jetting question.

6 posts in this topic

I know that the jetting questions have been asked before and I have done a lot of searches, but I guess that I am still confused.

Bike bogs when I crack the throttle off of idle and will stall if I dont let up. Where should I start to correct this? How does the jet sizes work, is the bigger number a bigger jet or smaller jet?

Thanks for any help.

I have an 08 WR 450

grey wire mod

exh. mod

air box snorkel removed

F2 Racing Powerback kit

F2 kit includes AIS removal

fuel screw

needle

changed main jet from 162 to a 140. F2 instructions for my altitude 6000 ft.

changed leak jet from 60 to a 50.

fuel screw 1 turn out. have tried 1.5 turns out also.

needle is recommended on 2nd clip. have tried 1st 2nd and 3rd positions.

I know that the jetting questions have been asked before and I have done a lot of searches, but I guess that I am still confused.

Bike bogs when I crack the throttle off of idle and will stall if I dont let up. Where should I start to correct this? How does the jet sizes work, is the bigger number a bigger jet or smaller jet?

Thanks for any help.

I have an 08 WR 450

grey wire mod

exh. mod

air box snorkel removed

F2 Racing Powerback kit

F2 kit includes AIS removal

fuel screw

needle

changed main jet from 162 to a 140. F2 instructions for my altitude 6000 ft.

changed leak jet from 60 to a 50.

fuel screw 1 turn out. have tried 1.5 turns out also.

needle is recommended on 2nd clip. have tried 1st 2nd and 3rd positions.

mate a 140 main jet is way to small, i ride at a higher altitude than you 8000ft-11000ft and i ran a 160 or a 158, what is the F2 kit? is that a jetting kit? do you use there jets? i always run the James Dean jet kits.

F2 Racing makes or made several aftermarket parts, I have seen some other posts that said they went out of business though. I dont know if they made their own jets. The jets that came with the kit are a 140 main that they recomend for 5000 to 8000 feet and a 155 that is recomended for 1500 to 5000 feet. The stock jet would be for anything under 1500 feet.

F2 Racing makes or made several aftermarket parts, I have seen some other posts that said they went out of business though. I dont know if they made their own jets. The jets that came with the kit are a 140 main that they recomend for 5000 to 8000 feet and a 155 that is recomended for 1500 to 5000 feet. The stock jet would be for anything under 1500 feet.

they seem very small, but if it works? the JD jet kit recomends 160 for 8000 ft +. i followed indys jetting sugestions and went with a 158 fro above 8000ft and my jetting (in the summer) was spot on. take a look at his jetting chart iys on TT

The "off idle bog" is typically caused by a lean pilot circuit. After you try the larger main. If that dosen't help with the bog. Try a #40 leak and a larger pilot jet. Also make sure all your jets are clean and you are getting a squirt from the AP circuit when you twist the throttle. I have seen bikes come from the dealership with pluged AP and pilot circuits. If you search for "off idle bog" you come up with tons of info.