HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz85racer88

Full motor for a 03 yz450f???....plzz Help

8 posts in this topic

where can i find a motor all i have is the rolling chassis....can any 1 lead me in the right direction to getting one cuz i cant find one at all!!!

I would recommend ebay but you can more than likely pick up a hole bike for the cost of an engine.

your dealer could probably get you one. it would be more expensive than ebay but at least you would know what your getting.

You may not be able to find a complete motor (even on eBay). I don't think the dealer can/will sell you a complete engine either.

You may have to get the pieces and assemble it yourself.

There is a 426 motor on ebay right now, but I am going to be brutally honest. This is going to cost you waaaay more money than the bike is even worth. You say you have a rolling chassis, does that include all of the electronics or just a frame\fork and wheels? Don't forget about the CDI, the carb, tps sensor etc...

I would just part out what you have and buy a complete bike. You will spend half as much money.