HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidAchziger

2004 yz450f carburetor How do you remove needle valve seat

6 posts in this topic

I am wondering how to remove the needle valve and needle valve seat of carburetor I am trying to remove the needle valve seat it has grooves in it this is the little brass oval that the float needle valve sits in. I do not know how to remove The seat I dont want to force it out so if any one knows how to do this please let me know. thank you

There is a small Phillips screw next to the seat that hols ti down by clamping the edge to the carb body. It will be tight so use a screwdriver in good condition that fits properly.

Download a manual:

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/community/service/manuals.jsp

Gray - That changed with the 03 and up carb. The seat is now (permanently ?) pressed into the carb body, and for the life of me I could not figure out a way to get it out. A piss-poor design in my opinion:bonk:

Gray - That changed with the 03 and up carb. The seat is now (permanently ?) pressed into the carb body, and for the life of me I could not figure out a way to get it out. A piss-poor design in my opinion:bonk:
Isn't that intriguing? I just looked at the parts book, and it no longer lists the seat as a serviced part. I guess they don't go bad anymore. The needle is till listed, but by itself.
1 person likes this

Text like that is quite often carried over from earlier manuals. It would seem that Keihin no longer sees the need to replace the seat.