Home made WR450F chain block

After seeing the price of the aftermarket chain blocks I decided to design my own.

It has a 1.5mm thick aluminium base that fits under the existing swingarm slider.

I used a kitchen chopping board to source the black plastic.

This helps to minimise chain slap and actually helps the chain to not hit the frame. It helps prevent the "whip" effect.

Could I make these and sell them? Would people buy them?

Greg

wr450f_chain_block.jpg

Drill and tap the swingarn to suit a KTM chain slider. They last for ages and are very cheap.

Could I make these and sell them? Would people buy them?

Greg

wr450f_chain_block.jpg

you should try posting that question in the supermoto area or on supermotojunkie.com . a bike with a 5 inch wide rim really needs a chain block

ill take one if you decide to make one. do you have to drill and tap a new hole?

like tweav said i have my bike supermoto trim with a 5in rear.

do you have to drill and tap a new hole?

Nope, slips straight under your existing slider (after you remove the bolt.)

I've run it now:

On the road

On an MX track

On a rough trail ride

And it has performed flawlessly.

Greg

I'll definatley take one if your offering?

How much and would you post to the uk?

I was thinking of doing the same thing but was more worried about the return travel of the chain on the under side of the swingarm. I have a 5" 160 setup..........

How much and would you post to the uk?

Leave it with me and I'll work out a price for you and PM you. (It will certainly be a lot less than the aftermarket ones available at the moment!)

Yes, no problem posting to the UK.

Greg

let me know also. i would take one if you decide to make some.

I was thinking of doing the same thing but was more worried about the return travel of the chain on the under side of the swingarm.

mmm, let me think about that one.

It would be ok for Motard bikes, but trail bikes would risk hitting the chain block on a rock and bending/breaking it I guess.

Greg

I would be interested in one of these, also postage to the UK. I assume it will fit a WR400 2002 no problems, give me a PM with details if you would :-)

i think i want one too can you qote me a price thanks

Ill be your marketer .. ill take 10 % of TO :thumbsup:

I've been devloping the chain block a little over the past few weeks.

This one I am totally happy with......

wr450f_chain-block_in_place_1.jpg

you should try posting that question in the supermoto area or on supermotojunkie.com . a bike with a 5 inch wide rim really needs a chain block

I think Ice Racers would like that. Everyone has to make their own in order to stop the chain from hitting the screws on the edge of the tire. Here is an example:

Ice%20Racing%20021.jpg

I would be really interested in something like this. I seem to have a problem with the chain slapping on the screws every year. Would something like this fit a 06 yz450f? If so please let me know asap. Thanks.

Would something like this fit a 06 yz450f?

Not 100% sure, but if that bike uses the same chain slider as the '07-'08 WR450F then yes, it would fit.

How wide is the existing chain slider?

Greg

I've been devloping the chain block a little over the past few weeks.

This one I am totally happy with......

wr450f_chain-block_in_place_1.jpg

How much and where do I order?

How much and where do I order?

I'll be pricing materials this week and working out a cost.

I'm sure the cost will be less than the $79.99 being charged for some current chain blocks!

If anyone's interested please send me a PM, I'll be replying to them with details rather than through postings here in the forum (which I suspect would be breaking forum rules).

Greg

I can not measure the guide just yet. I do not have the bike at the moment? I am really interested though. Any side effects from having this on there?