PJ-1 Frame Paint Issue

Anyone else notice that the PJ-1 Frame paint for the 98-00 Yamaha models has a purple tint to it? I just completed the left side and a portion of the front of my 99 YZ yesterday and in the natural light this morning it is definately darker than the original. I thought that mabe the ultravilot sun rays could have lightened the original, but it's the same under the seat as well.

I put 6 coats of PJ1 clear over the base coat...it does look new for sure. Can't wait until the new MXDN graphics come in next week.

Bonzai ?

Mine looks alright. If I get a chance I'll post a pic, although to really see the color I suppose that won't do the trick.

I did compare mine to the subframe of my buddy's WR. Maybe I could post a pic of my PJ1 painted frame next to the stock WR subframe...

BTW I used white primer.

MXTuner has the bike this weekend, adjusting the valves and giving it a once over. I'll get it back when we ride on sunday and take a couple of photos before we dirty it up.

PJ1 paint is the authorized dealer for Yamaha Blue paint. They are the supplier for the Yamaha factory that builds and paints the frames.

I seem to remember a post concerning this subject a little over a year ago. Something was said concerning using a primer to keep this from happening.

Bonzai ?

My Wife just informed me that 'Real Men' Read the labels.....Hey atleast I painted it within the right temp range.....

I kinda like the darker color, but I'll go out and buy the primer so it will all match up...

Thanks Dude...

Bonzai ?