MXA's 450 Shootout

According to mxa the YZ450 would have won the shootout if it had come with the same exhaust as the '07. Just goes to show how good the bike is bone stock. I hope they don't ruin it with the all new bike in '10. I doubt they will as they have a better crew of test riders than any of the other brands.

So who won?

im going to guess kawi, yami, honda, zook

KTM got second?..... :bonk:

Strange I know:smirk:

BS! There is no way they didn't give Honda first place. They always give honda first especially since the bike is all new. Did they really not give it first? I would be so suprised since every magazine is honda biased.

I had to chuckle the boys on the Honda forums aren't to happy with this review...

I had to chuckle the boys on the Honda forums aren't to happy with this review...
:bonk:
According to mxa the YZ450 would have won the shootout if it had come with the same exhaust as the '07. Just goes to show how good the bike is bone stock. I hope they don't ruin it with the all new bike in '10. I doubt they will as they have a better crew of test riders than any of the other brands.

Well it is a interesting year for the 450s. Now ironically, less power is more, smooth but instant throttle response, FI vs carbs, KYB vs Showa, and all of them are very very close for the first time, but all of them priced more costly than any previous dirt bike year.

But it comes down to which manufacturer has the best overall package.

There is no Silver Bullet with any of them as they all have some issue that needs attn. Fortunately for 09 the yami is just a refined 06, so there was no real big changes that would upset. Count on a completely new blue bike for 10, and with it there will be new issues to address a la 09 CRF.

....KYB vs Showa.....

Now Honda has KYBs, too.

They should have done the shoot out with an yammy from japan ,australia or europe. i received my -09 yz450f form japan on monday and it has the long exhaust with an massive powerbomb header as stock an.........man it rips !

:bonk:

Lol...they are not too happy about the 2009 exhaust cams failing at two hours either :bonk:

Apparently rear suspension was not part of the test.

I think the KTM gets a bad rap. Maybe for national caliber pros it doesnt work well, but for 95% of the other riders out there, it works just fine. Set up is critical on any bike and if its not set up correctly, nothing will work well.

Apparently rear suspension was not part of the test.

:bonk::bonk: :bonk:

it's funny when someone's favorite bike loses a magazine shoot-out...they claim "shoot-outs don't matter, magazine XYZ are idiots", but if their bike wins it's a whole different story....

All are great bikes ride and have fun....

Those boys are messed up in Honda land. They believe that the only motorcycle made is Honda. I feel sorry for them because all the brands have something to offer!!

Those boys are messed up in Honda land. They believe that the only motorcycle made is Honda. I feel sorry for them because all the brands have something to offer!!

bike racism is in all forums...its funny to me to hear one brand loyalist call the other brand loyalist as being color blind :bonk:

Cycle News had Kawi first, and Yamaha second, Suzuki third, Honda was fourth, KTM fifth. They said the Honda suspension was hard to get right, stalled at slow speeds, and heavy pull on the clutch. Mike