Should I upgrade to a 450?

Hi guys. Im trying to decide whether to keep my WR426 and spend the money getting it roadworthy/registered, or to trade on a registered WR450... I think it will work out slightly cheaper to do the work on the 426, but Im starting to think that it might be whole lot easier to trade (and the button would be nice). I don't mind spending up to about 2 grand (australian) on a trade.

What do you guys think?

ps roadworthy for the 426 would require:

- fixing the wheel speed gear unit

- rewiring of all lights and blinkers

- Rejetting for the new pipe

- blue slip, compulsory insurance etc.

I thought over here in AUS that all the WR Yammies including the WR400, WR426 and WR450 came road legal with all the gear unless it got taken off/lost?

Im in the same pickle as you since i have some $$$, a Honda XR250 and would really like a WR450F :bonk:

Hi guys. Im trying to decide whether to keep my WR426 and spend the money getting it roadworthy/registered, or to trade on a registered WR450... I think it will work out slightly cheaper to do the work on the 426, but Im starting to think that it might be whole lot easier to trade (and the button would be nice). I don't mind spending up to about 2 grand (australian) on a trade.

What do you guys think?

ps roadworthy for the 426 would require:

- fixing the wheel speed gear unit

- rewiring of all lights and blinkers

- Rejetting for the new pipe

- blue slip, compulsory insurance etc.

Yeah they come road legal from the factory but the previous owner cut all the wiring and I had to buy a new tailight and blinkers. The main cost will be the rego fees which I wouldn't have to pay if the bike was already registered. Not really sure how insurance works but I think thats pretty expensive too