HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robatki

I made the switch - CRF250 to YZ450F

10 posts in this topic

I have never owned a Yamaha before. I decided instead of dropping $8500 on a Honda that I would get a great deal on an 08' YZ450F. Rode my buddies 06' and loved it. I know absolutely nothing about Yamaha so it should be fun reading and learning.

-Rob

a heads up... Just dont try and ride it like ur crf.. it wont work that way..

lots of info here on how to set the bike up..

but raise the forks in the clamps 5mm and set ur sag after break in..

I assume you are referring to the cornering characteristics? Since I went from a 250 to a 450 the motor will be all new no matter what.

-Rob

I assume you are referring to the cornering characteristics? Since I went from a 250 to a 450 the motor will be all new no matter what.

-Rob

yes if u try to turn it like a crf it wont turn.. you have to learn to turn using the rear wheel. and sitting up higher on the tank.. the key to these bikes is body postion..

also where in cali are u at?

cool.. well im heading to ractown tomarrow if you want to break the thing in.. and can answer any ?s on set up and what not.. and then ill also be at cemx on friday

I usually stay more south. I think Milestone is about as far north as I usually go. Thanks for the offer though. May go to Elsinore on Wednesday.

-Rob

I usually stay more south. I think Milestone is about as far north as I usually go. Thanks for the offer though. May go to Elsinore on Wednesday.

-Rob

bummer.. ractown is by far the best mx facilty in so cal at the momment..(second is perris).. ill be going ot milestone in a few weeks so ill let u know..