Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ash26600

Turn signals, i give up!

11 posts in this topic

After losing the original indicators and then a set of rubber mounted items, i have decided that these stupid, little, plastic vine-catchers have no place on an enduro bike (WR450f).:thumbsup:

I ride mostly single track and crappy rocky hills. Brush and vines seem to be at odds with local laws that require the turn signals for registration.

Anyone have a solution?

Buddy is a good boy

We go everywhere together. Except at the hot races he doesnt like to get out of the AC in the motorhome

I became very tired of kicking off my rear signals while mounting the bike and replacing them after a fall. I went with these small but effective LED signal. Many falls and mounting with these signal and have not had to replace a set yet! I should have went with them in the first place.

wr450fsideviewF-turnsig000_0397.jpg

wr450fsideturnsignal000_0398.jpg

wr450frearturnsignal000_0394.jpg

WR450Ffrontturnsignal000_0396-1.jpg

BTW, I picked them up from chaparral 800 841-2960, "lightworks scoop LED marker light" part# L122-0011 black/clear lens or L122-0010 black/amber lens.

either set $19.99

I have an extra clear set but I'm waiting for a new rear fender before I put them on. I used some black ATV to glue on the rear set because the fender surface wasn't totaly flat.

If you want to buy in OZ, Ballards have some very small indicators which i've previously used without a drama. They're not quite as small as some of the pics above, but at least half the size of the original ones.

I use a flush mounted set of signal lights on the back and haven't broken one in two years of use. They use two little screws per light and just screw into the rear fender, and they are bright enough that you don't have to worry quite as much about four wheel vehicles not seeing your signal lights. I ran the ones that stuck out to the sides previous, but found that they either busted off, or the soldered connections would come apart.

Cheers

Chris

I take mine off when I go bush, then put them back on for the road.

No wires to muck around with, they simply clip-in then clip-out.

Greg

WR450F_clip-in-out_indicators_Nov_2008.jpg

I take mine off when I go bush, then put them back on for the road.

No wires to muck around with, they simply clip-in then clip-out.

Greg

WR450F_clip-in-out_indicators_Nov_2008.jpg

brilliant!!