HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kooter

new 08 wr450 owner lookin for good mods

11 posts in this topic

my bike is box stock and im looking for mods to make. Been out of the game for about 5 years and this is my first four stroke. what should i do first?

performance mods i did to mine, Dr' D exhaust , JD jetted, open airbox with uni filter, Ais removal. gray wire, Throttle stop. Other were protection Skid plate , rad.gaurds, hand gaurds, both new tires, Added 2 teeth to the rear sprocket.

Really enjoy the way it runs now.

thanx for the info im gonna go with the re jet and ais removal on mine and i will go from there. sat will be my first ride on it we'll see how it goes.

Bigger rear sprocket is the cheapest and most effective mod IMO.

More punch down low and better choice of gears for hill climbing etc.

I've just taken delivery of an '09 450 (after many years with a CRF!). I'm in China - a long way from Dealer support - and am struggling through the de-restrictions. The origins of my bike are sketchy, but it appears to be US spec. I have seen many threads talking about an Yamaha supplied document that goes through the process of race prepping the bike. Unfortunately I don't have this. First question - how much to cut off the throttle stop? Is it the same as the 2007/8?

I've just taken delivery of an '09 450 (after many years with a CRF!). I'm in China - a long way from Dealer support - and am struggling through the de-restrictions. The origins of my bike are sketchy, but it appears to be US spec. I have seen many threads talking about an Yamaha supplied document that goes through the process of race prepping the bike. Unfortunately I don't have this. First question - how much to cut off the throttle stop? Is it the same as the 2007/8?

total leangth of the screw is one inch.

you can have my tip upgrade for free, this will save you some cash, it's much better than just removing the pea shooter. It's a must do upgrade if you don't have the cash for an aftermarket pipe (from an 07' WR450F). Tile guy if your in SoCa (IE area) I'll help you for free, it's an easy mod.

wr450fincert000_0399.jpg