HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve lemley

Exhaust DB reading for legal riding???

8 posts in this topic

Im getting ready to run the LA barstow toVegas DS event and I am concerned about my exhaust combo not passing the 96DB limit. I have a FMF TI powercore and a mega bomb header. Has anyone ever ran this combo and gotten a DB reading? I know what fmf says it blows but I dont trust it and would rather hear from someone who has actually been tested with this combo on a WR. My bike is an 07 WR450. I would hate to plan everything get there and be turned away. I have the stock spark arrestor that came with the pipe on. Thanks.

Sorrry, I have the same slip on but have never tested it. You can get the quiet insert if you want to make sure. Don't know if that works in conjunction with the spark arrestor screen though.:thumbsup:

Yeah, if they're testing they will be doing it there so, bring your quiet core insert. If not, run it open!

Yeah, if they're testing they will be doing it there so, bring your quiet core insert. If not, run it open!

is the test at idle only? or is there more to it?

At idol from 20 inches away I think. Im fairly certain Im okay especially with the mega bomb header which lowers DB 1 to 1.5 but I just want to make sure Im following the rules and can ride. :thumbsup:

CA tests bikes at certain RPM depending on model. Yzf/wr's are almost always the loudest with aftermarket pipes. My YZ426 had to have the quiet insert to pass when using the pro moto spark arrester on stock muffler.