HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitchblack7

Looking For Radiator Dimensions

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I was wondering if somebody could do me a quick favor. I'm using a yzf450 engine for a small race car application (FSAE for those who are familiar) and need to know the height, width, and depth of the radiator cores for sizing out some custom ones. Thanks in advance.

-Andrew

http://www.sae.stuorg.iastate.edu/zenphoto/index.php?album=formula

First, we need to know whether this was an engine from a YZF450 quad, or from a WR450 motorcycle. From the pictures of the engine, it's clearly not a YZ450F bike engine. If you'd like the dimensions of the quad radiators, go to www.atvtalk.com and post there.

You are right the engine is actually from a YFZ450, but I'm looking to run two radiators like the bike so that is why I am asking here. The water cooling needs between the two engines are close enough for my purposes.

-Andrew

The core of the '06 YZ450 radiator measures about 5" wide, with two rows of tubes spaced 5mm apart (the core is about an inch thick), and is 9 3/4" tall.