whats the lightest 4 stroke?

my first bike was a wr 400 and i liked the smooth power but the bike was to heavy and to hard to start. My current bike is a rm 250 but it does not have the smooth low rpm power. My question is, what is the lightest 4 stroke with electric start, or how can I make my rm geared lower to lug around?

The lightest big boy with electric start is the ktm 450sxf. It weighs 230 lbs dry, but it also has quite a few shortcomings, like no kickstarter at all, and a worthless 4 speed transmission. The ktm 300 xcw-e is really a great bike though for offroad, and has awesome low end, a wide ratio 5 speed trans, and it weighs in at 223lbs dry. Not to shabby. I wish that yamaha made a 2stroke wr250/300 to compete with it.

That is probably the old dry weight. The dry weight on my stock 07 was 249, and they now list the 08 wet weight as 271. The 07 and 08 are really the same exact bike. The fluid weight, 2+gallons of gas, oil, coolant, etc is 22 lbs, so that probably means that the real riding weight of the older bikes is 261+22=283lbs.

my first bike was a wr 400 and i liked the smooth power but the bike was to heavy and to hard to start. My current bike is a rm 250 but it does not have the smooth low rpm power. My question is, what is the lightest 4 stroke with electric start, or how can I make my rm geared lower to lug around?

feels light = right ? I agree.

only light = really right? :moon:

Dirt Rider's write up of the 09 CRF450 made it pretty clear that the bike handled like a 250 as its been completly redone..I wonder how the 450x feels?

I read that about the CRF450R too. I've been debating another quad or bike. The write-up on the Honda has me leaning towards it. I like my WR but I can kick a little for the handling and lighter weight.