06 yz450 valve noise.....

Hey everyone, iv been riding my yzf for over a year. I just rebuilt the whole top end and adjusted the valves, I am a mechanic and im quite sure that i did everything right. Bike starts first kick and runs well. Its been so long since iv riden, iv been out from multiple surgeries, is some audible valve noise normal. its not extremly loud, but its notaceable.... do you think that this noise is normal, or may quiet down after brake in? any brake in tips?

Thanks

:worthy:

are you starting it in an enclosed area without your helmet on?

yz's bottom ends are REALLY laud, especially if you have an aftermarket aluminum skid plate.

or it's about to blow. hard to tell over the internet.

without my helmet on yes, inclosed area yes, bottom end is solid! its valve noise im hearing...... what do ya think?

Normal, it's loud on all yz450f it seems:ride:

Sweet!

I bought a used 06 450 for my son (about 18 months ago), when I first started it, it sounded like it was ready to blow up. The guy selling it said that the noise was normal. I was thinking B.S but he was giving it away so it bought it.

Well 18 months later it still sounds like it is ready to blow (we ride almost every weekend) and it is one of the fastest stock 450 at the track

thanks for the input everyone, im sure its fine, just a little worried......my baby was sounding sick, but no i know that its SICK not sick. ahahhahahah im closing this thred, thanks

mine loud too,

every one i ride with tells me to adjust my valves, i keep them that it is normal

I just bought A 06 450 two weeks ago,And used to ride yz426 and yes the 450 sounds like there's something wrong with it but the engine runs awesome!

as long as it starts, first , maybe second kick,valves are in spec, clutch is the loudest!

They are a little on the loud side. Just get used to it. If it starts all the time most likely everything is good. We are on two years, same piston and rings. Only check the valves once but do oil changes quite often. Those motors are really dependable. Unlike the the red winged competition with titanium intake valves that have to be replaced quite often. But you didnt hear that from me.

:moon: :moon:

They are a little on the loud side. Just get used to it. If it starts all the time most likely everything is good. We are on two years, same piston and rings. Only check the valves once but do oil changes quite often. Those motors are really dependable. Unlike the the red winged competition with titanium intake valves that have to be replaced quite often. But you didnt hear that from me.

I notaced your name is hill climb guy, thats what my bike is built around, HILLS ARE THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE ON A BIKE! thered kill switch is my new solution to my constant re build habbits. No more upside down bike idoling for 5 min, while i try to climb the hill i just crashed down.

ahah

:thumbsup: