Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slinkyman16

brake rotor?

11 posts in this topic

im looking to buy the braking batfly 270mm kit but cant find the one for a 07.. will a kit from an 08-09 fit the 07?

did yamaha change the front caliper or mounting position.. im in abind here dont want to purchase evrerything seperatly. the kit would save me like 40 bucks.

im looking to buy the braking batfly 270mm kit but cant find the one for a 07.. will a kit from an 08-09 fit the 07?

did yamaha change the front caliper or mounting position.. im in abind here dont want to purchase evrerything seperatly. the kit would save me like 40 bucks.

pretty sure the 450 got a new front brake lever and pearch on the 08 - 09. (diffenet plunger) along with a new front brake design similar to the CR style.

they used the new brake on the 07 YZ 250F. but the 07 YZ 450 had the old design.

i scored a ton of the old style levers for really cheap for my 07 due to this change.

no need for ASV's when you have 5 extra levers in your riding tool kit.

The caliper and caliper mount changed on the 450 for 08. The YZ250F got the new caliper in 07, while all of the other yamaha 's kept the old one for an extra year.

thanks guys.. i emailed braking to see if they made a batfly kit for my bike. if not then i guess im going to have to peice it together.. anyone have this brake setup on their bike?

I dont know if mine is the batfly but mine is a braking oversized front rotor. It came with the caliper adapter as well. Mine came off of a 2001 yz250f and it lined right up...

I dont know if mine is the batfly but mine is a braking oversized front rotor. It came with the caliper adapter as well. Mine came off of a 2001 yz250f and it lined right up...

if its the same rotor thats on your current pics(the ones from november 5th) then its the standard oversize..

if i dont get a response from them in a few hours im just going to order the standard 270mm waved rotor kit.

edit.. will a brake rotor kit from a 07-09 yz125/250 work on the yzf?? i know the rotor will bolt up but what about the pads and caliper..

if its the same rotor thats on your current pics(the ones from november 5th) then its the standard oversize..

if i dont get a response from them in a few hours im just going to order the standard 270mm waved rotor kit.

edit.. will a brake rotor kit from a 07-09 yz125/250 work on the yzf?? i know the rotor will bolt up but what about the pads and caliper..

Um actually, the new rotors arnt on in those pics. I have the Braking Over-sized Wave Rotor front and Braking Wave Rotor rear. I think the front is the 270mm. It's bigger than the standard 06' rotor and requires a caliper adapter to fit. I'll try and take some pics :worthy:

alright.. i know that the standard 270 would be more then enough.. its just that since im already spending the money i might as well go all out..(since i have a killer hook up..) its just starting to piss me off that i cant get a answer from anyone.. finally found a phone number so im going to give it a shot in the morning..

The batfly kit uses the same adapter as the normal 270 kit. If you can't get the batfly kit for an 06, but the batfly rotor for an 08 (if you can), then buy the adapter for the standard 270 kit for an 06. IMO the batfly is a waste of money. It won't offer better performance than the normal 270 oversize kit, but it costs a lot more.

The batfly kit uses the same adapter as the normal 270 kit. If you can't get the batfly kit for an 06, but the batfly rotor for an 08 (if you can), then buy the adapter for the standard 270 kit for an 06. IMO the batfly is a waste of money. It won't offer better performance than the normal 270 oversize kit, but it costs a lot more.

Thanks KJ for the advice.. im just gunna go spring for the standard kit. the price difference was like only 40 bucks.. so i was going for that but ill save a few pennies and go with the standard.. thanks guys.