HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_M

seat foam mod

3 posts in this topic

I seem to remember reading a post on having your seat recovered and new softer/higher foam installed. If I recall right the cost was approx 100 bucks. As I have just bought my bike and used all funds on bike, oilchange, helmet (old one was trashed) and whatnot, I chose to go for it and see what I could do low/no cost.

After pulling the front half of the staples from my stock cover, I used a cheese grater to slowly remove the curved center portion of the foam thereby creating a flat area much more comfy than the original shape. (after one short ride) While it doesnt do a thing for hardness, the new shape should make the seat bearable until I can save the cash to do it "right". Who knows I may be happy enough with it to save the 100 bucks for other stuff. Barkbusters would be great!

I will update the comfort issue after the holiday, I am sure to have a definite opinion after 5 days in the woods!

I agree,

I've done it myself and it's good effective way to soften you seat and as a bonus absolutely free (rare mod)

my 2 cent

Dan

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan_YZF ]