New 08 - Finally Finished (Pics)

Well as some of you know I bought this bike about two months ago. I rolled it off the show room floor and into my garage never starting it. After two months of working on it and waiting on parts, I finally finished I and started it (3rd kick) and took it on its first break in ride:banana:

P9140008.jpg

P9140010.jpg

P9140011.jpg

P9190013.jpg

PA250019.jpg

PA250020.jpg

PA250021.jpg

PA250027.jpg

PB090041.jpg

PB090040.jpg

PB090034.jpg

PB090032.jpg

PB090030.jpg

PB090036.jpg

PB090033.jpg

Very, very, very nice :worthy:

Now go get it dirty and scratched up :eek:

What kind of stabilizer is that... did it come in a kit with the risers all anodized blue?

Just 2 suggestions

1. Better Case Saver... I've seen those stock POS break with a rock wedged in plus I sure you can get some sweet looking ones.

2. TM designs or BRP nylon chain guide.

That bike is frickin' sweet lookin' good job!

What kind of stabilizer is that... did it come in a kit with the risers all anodized blue?

the stabilizer is a GPR v2...the stabilizer and the bar rises are one complete unit...it was on my 06 but when i sold that i keep it for this bike.

IMG00004.jpg

It's real nice. Question: Why buy it brand new and not ride it first? I could see if you've had one before and already knew what you wanted to do with it. But, I'm just curious, not breaking it in first? Using it awhile before dumping all the money into it?

As good as it looks now, I'd hate to go out and ride it hard!

Very, very, very nice :worthy:

1. Better Case Saver... I've seen those stock POS break with a rock wedged in plus I sure you can get some sweet looking ones.

That bike is frickin' sweet lookin' good job!

I agree with Don. The stock case saver is made of wet cardboard.

But, I'm just curious, not breaking it in first? Using it awhile before dumping all the money into it?

I knew what I wanted, a desert bike with suspension for my weight fully uncorked, piped and jetted with the proper protection as well as a dual sport.

I had an 06 with 11k miles that was dual sported and it had everything my 08 did so for me to buy a new bike and ride it stock would suck! not to mention everything on my bike was done with the help of sponsors. After selling my 06, buying the new bike and getting sponsor help, I have under 8k for everything you see and that includes the bike.

I knew what I wanted, a desert bike with suspension for my weight fully uncorked, piped and jetted with the proper protection as well as a dual sport.

I had an 06 with 11k miles that was dual sported and it had everything my 08 did so for me to buy a new bike and ride it stock would suck! not to mention everything on my bike was done with the help of sponsors. After selling my 06, buying the new bike and getting sponsor help, I have under 8k for everything you see and that includes the bike.

So you have a plated race bike?... even better.

It pays to get the resume's out there :worthy:

That is one killer looking bike! How did you get a plate for it? They don't come plated, so how do you manage to get a plate for a green sticker bike?

awesome! will you list the parts you put on--specifically the gas tank--is it ims or clark?

That is one killer looking bike! How did you get a plate for it? They don't come plated, so how do you manage to get a plate for a green sticker bike?

He's just kidding.:worthy:

Nice job Aaron:thumbsup:

Man black wheels look so good. Congrats on the bike.

Who said I had a plate?

awesome! will you list the parts you put on--specifically the gas tank--is it ims or clark?

I have an excel spreed sheet i will link that lists everything

Whats wrong with the stocker?

Who said I had a plate?

I have an excel spreed sheet i will link that lists everything

QUOTE]

I know you had one on your '06, but my stocker got bent to where the chain was rubbing. I went with the TM Designs one. The nylon will have much more give/take to it.

Who said I had a plate?

The stock chain guides are encased in metal, when they get smacked hard they bend but don't bend back causing drag and possible chain de-railment. The nylon guides are 1/2 the weight, indestructible, they take a good whack and stay straight as well as reduced friction or drag on the chain..

Aaron is a bit confused.:worthy: Dual Sport to him is being able to ride during the day and night.:eek:

Aaron is a bit confused.:worthy: Dual Sport to him is being able to ride during the day and night.:eek:

Ken way to let the hat out of the bag....besides i would love to have a plated wr but as well all know it is illegal in CA:banghead:

nice bike!.......my sponser says I have to watch the kid tonite while she gets her hair done....if I'm lucky, I can get a set of tires for x-mas

Who said I had a plate?

I just figured by "dual sport" you meant you had a plate. My bad.:worthy:

Is that tank the 3.1g?

Is that tank the 3.1g?

It is an IMS tank 3.1 or 3.2 i cant remeber...its the one for the yz