Where do I get a spanner wrench for the steering nut?

I would like to re-lube the steering bearings and don't want to tear up the aluminum nut trying to use an incorrect tool. I searched for the yamaha part but not much luck.

Motion Pro or Park Tool would likely have such a thing, and if not, then certainly K&L Supply will, however, the nut is only torqued to 5 ft/lb., so I doubt you'll have any difficulty in removing it with a good pair of channel locks, which is what I use. Grip the nut by two adjacent notches, not by the outside of the ring itself.

Thanks for the info. I missed the 5 ft-lbs torque spec so I am just going to mill 2 small T's to fit in the slots and provide a gripping surface for the wrench.

Yamaha has a little spanner wrench with a 3/8 wratchet end on it for your torque wrench. Any Yamaha shop can get you one. I dont have the part number though.Its in the special tools section of the yz 450 owners manual.

Yamaha has a little spanner wrench with a 3/8 wratchet end on it for your torque wrench. Any Yamaha shop can get you one. I dont have the part number though.Its in the special tools section of the yz 450 owners manual.

http://www.accu-products.com/oem-yamaha-parts/oem-yamaha-tools-yu-33975-ring-nut-wrench/prod_1445.html

That's the one you are talking about. I paid $53! But I'm anal about torque so I wanted one that would attach to my torque wrench and it was hard to find one.