YZ450F White bros. aluminum pro?

Why would a White Bros. full system for a 2008 YZ450f be different than for a 06-07 YZ450f? They have different part numbers. I'm confused. Both systems should bolt up the same for all three years. Am I missing something?:worthy: I have to be able to make an 08 work on my 07. Somebody's got to know something about this.

If it is WB and not WB/Vance & Hines it is the same endpipe 06-08. The difference is in the headpipe. There were 2 versions (one that is a lowboy the other that is not) each version will work on 06-08. Notice "were"....WB is no longer in the pipe business they sold to Vance & Hines. V&H makes the 09 pipe although I have not seen any info on it....

If it is WB and not WB/Vance & Hines it is the same endpipe 06-08. The difference is in the headpipe. There were 2 versions (one that is a lowboy the other that is not) each version will work on 06-08. Notice "were"....WB is no longer in the pipe business they sold to Vance & Hines. V&H makes the 09 pipe although I have not seen any info on it....

For what year or years did they make it a low boy? I noticed your system on your 06 looks as if your head pipe runs a bit low compared to others I've seen on the same year. Awsome bike by the way!:worthy:

Before I go on I should say I have an 07 YZ450f and am considering using a White Brothers Aluminum pro made for an 08 YZ450f. The reason being is that I want this system and after much searching The only thing I can find is the 08 version wich is different than the 06-07 version that was designed to work on my bike. After Ga426owner replied to my initial post with some valuable info, I ended up calling Vance and Hines with the hope of getting more specific detail and hopefully some advice. Keep in mind the gentleman I spoke to came to Vance and Hines from White Brothers after the buy out of White Brothers. I explained to him my situation. He told me that though both systems will bolt up to all three years. However, while developing the pipe for the 08, the 06-07 system was tested on the 08 and was found not to work without altering the bend of the head pipe. He explained that this was due to the 08 engine's increased flow. And that's why there are two differnt systems for these three years. He also told me that the 08 version would work on the older bikes and perform better than stock but not as good as the version that was designed for 06-07. Unfortunately he had no personal experience tuning the 08 system on the 07 bike and couldn't give me any jetting advice. And like an idiot while on the spot or nervous lke I get calling a place like this I didn't think to ask what he might think the powercharactoristics would be like. I know I'm really reaching here but does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this? Am I looking at a potential jetting nightmare?

Before I go on I should say I have an 07 YZ450f and am considering using a White Brothers Aluminum pro made for an 08 YZ450f. The reason being is that I want this system and after much searching The only thing I can find is the 08 version wich is different than the 06-07 version that was designed to work on my bike. After Ga426owner replied to my initial post with some valuable info, I ended up calling Vance and Hines with the hope of getting more specific detail and hopefully some advice. Keep in mind the gentleman I spoke to came to Vance and Hines from White Brothers after the buy out of White Brothers. I explained to him my situation. He told me that though both systems will bolt up to all three years. However, while developing the pipe for the 08, the 06-07 system was tested on the 08 and was found not to work without altering the bend of the head pipe. He explained that this was due to the 08 engine's increased flow. And that's why there are two differnt systems for these three years. He also told me that the 08 version would work on the older bikes and perform better than stock but not as good as the version that was designed for 06-07. Unfortunately he had no personal experience tuning the 08 system on the 07 bike and couldn't give me any jetting advice. And like an idiot while on the spot or nervous lke I get calling a place like this I didn't think to ask what he might think the powercharactoristics would be like. I know I'm really reaching here but does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this? Am I looking at a potential jetting nightmare?

I highly doubt the 06-07 exhaust and the 08 exhaust are so different that it will cause a jetting nightmare. I've never seen a pipe require an enormous jetting change. Normally a small change of the main and an adjustment of the fuel screw is it, occasionally the next closest size pilot is required. Odds are whatever jetting specks they said for the 08 system will be a good baseline for it on the 07, then you can just make small adjustments from there.

I have an 07 yz450 with the white bros exhaust for an 06-07 the direction didnt give jetting differences betweens the o7 and 06. they just read to use the stock jetting on the 06 nothing about the 07 so I figued since the 06 has a 165 main that would probley be the tickete and it works great. It also worked with the stock size of 160 but it did develop some sputtering so I bumped it up and its gone. The Fuel screw plays a big part in the jetting of these bikes with the white bros Im at 2 and a half turns out and it runs great. This Pipe rocks more power everywhere and it sounds awsome. Does vance and hines still make the Aluminum pro 2?