Stock exhaust tip question

I bought an '01 WR 426 with an aftermarket pipe that was way to loud. Since then I bought a used stock pipe to put on, that I believe was off of an '03 450.

When I look at the schematics on bikebandit it shows an insert that goes in the end (pea shooter?) for the '05, but not the '03.

My question is this: Does the '03 exhaust use the same tip? Has anyone tried to make one? If so, what diameter is the inside pipe. Looking at the picture, it looks pretty simple. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Check the Yamaha GYRT insert. Runs about $40. With the stock exhaust it will make your bike meet the MI 94db requirement on the trails. If your going to ride any of the local organized events (like the CCC) you'll need it.

p.s. what part of MI.

Okay, so I have a 2003(?) YZ426 exhaust. Will this fit? http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages_catalogs_viewproductdetail_26_200_400_11809_all_0_0_1_4_49_94_0/yamahagytr-quiet-muffler-onepiece-end-cap-.aspx

And do I need this / will it fit for further noise reduction? https://state8.com/store/prodView.asp?idProduct=8872

And yes, I'm still a noob looking for the best (aka most reduction for least price) solution to my thundering exhaust problem. :thumbsup: It looks like I might be narrowing in on $100-125 total and making it so I didn't waste money on the YZ exhaust, so I'm happy!

Thanks,

~Patrick

Check the Yamaha GYRT insert. Runs about $40. With the stock exhaust it will make your bike meet the MI 94db requirement on the trails. If your going to ride any of the local organized events (like the CCC) you'll need it.

p.s. what part of MI.

Thanks, I will probably get one. It registered 106db at the last event! I am just north of Detroit, but trailer the bike up north to ride.

Here's a link to the yamaha site Yamaha Accessories there is a exhaust insert for '98 - '04 and '05 - 08. Both should keep you under 96db.

Timdog, I'm in Macomb Township.