Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alabama_Rider

WR450F's unaccounted for, post here.

36 posts in this topic

Anyone in the USA, who knows of WR450F's on the showroom floor, which are not sold, please post dealer name and number here....

Yamaha is having its press intro today (Friday January 17) for the WR 450. The major magazines will be getting WR's for testing and a few selected WR's will be distributed to various industry interests. I imagine US dealers will not see production WR 450's for another few weeks.

:confused:Maybe I don't understand you. My dealer called, and my bike is in the Chicago warehouse. They have a company pick it up, assemble it and deliver it to them. It should be available for me next Friday. Is this different from what you said. I think so.

My dealer called and said my bike was in the Atlanta warehouse and will be in next week. I can't take it anymore!!Must take deep breath and relax...O.K. I'm alright now.now I can go back to the dealer,sit on the curb and wait for the semi truck.

Alabamy is this another one of your trick bag Troll posts?

Does your hero Dwight know your lookin at one those confoundin watercooley thinga ma bob waste of money blue bikes? For shame For shame. :)

As I recall, he said none of us would be "man enough" to apologize if we were wrong about WRs being available prior to March. Well, HE was wrong. Hmmm... :)

I saw on Thursday the 16th. It was sold, but was at a dealer in salt lake city. Good looking bike and very real!

Hey SMD, (not related to subject at hand(, but, are there many places in NM where one could trailer bikes behind a motorhome and stay for 3 or4 days and ride your butt off? Rode the Valk through northern NM last summer and the terrain we saw would be incredible for dirt riding. Places such as national forest or other lands where we would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Here you have it from Baja Designs. .. maybe you will believe them.....

"Yamaha is having its press intro today (Friday January 17) for the WR 450. The major magazines will be getting WR's for testing and a few selected WR's will be distributed to various industry interests. I imagine US dealers will not see production WR 450's for another few weeks."

thanks BD, for others, let's keep this thread to its original purpose, helping people find WR's...

Here you have it from TT members who have actually seen and/or actually taken possession of the new WR450; maybe you'll believe them(I do).

Drew Seattle:

"Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, WA. 425-487-3881. I was there on Wednesday and they had one on the floor. "

RCannon:

"I saw on Thursday the 16th. It was sold, but was at a dealer in salt lake city. Good looking bike and very real!"

yamaharichey:

"Hey everybody, I stopped by my dealer today and they were just unloading it off the truck, I hung around and supervised while they took it out of the crate and put it together."

I could continue, as several people have received them. This kept with the original intent of the thread. Did this help, or is the WR450 still imaginary? :)

The WR450 was never intended to be sold to the public.

When my dealer calls me and says mine is in, come pick it up he is lying.

Sorry gotta go, I gotta change my aluminum foil helmet , the voices in my head are getting louder and louder.

Baja Designs is wrong!! I picked up my 2003 WR 450 FR on January 9th 2003. I Will be riding it tomorrow.. If they are being introduced today how in the heck did I get mine a week ago???????????? Jim

I just got off the phone w/ the same Yamaha rep that talked to Bama Rider and he said that the WR450F isn't even real! Can you believe that? It doesn't even exist! Man..I don't know what to do. Guess I will have to go Big Red. The big red pig will just have to do until the 2006 release of the CRF450X! LOL! There is a sucker born every minute and it looks like a lot of them end up here!

Ha guys give him a break. I am gitting the same story of the bikes not gitting to TN till March. I don't doubt you, but if we had one, I would be riding it. I think he is as frustrated as I.

Hey Breezer,

I just got off the phone with my brother's friend's sister's boyfriend's uncle who knows a Yamaha rep in Japan. He said that he has heard of these so called WR450s and said that there were a couple of sightings in the United States. I was out the other day in downtown SLC, UT and I swear I saw a WR450 out of the corner of my eye. But when I turned to look it was gone.

I'm going to start carrying my camera just in case if I see one again, I can get a picture. Then they'll believe!

By the way... Does the aluminum foil work to stop the voices? I've been using thorazine and xanax, but for some reason I feel tired all of the time.

John

Seattle, Wash. Received mine 3 days ago.Skagit Powersports,Burlington.Went riding yesterday, it was bitch'in