Hard cold FACTS?

I am in the process of convincing myself to get a new bike. I have been out of the country for about 6-7 years but now I am ready to go riding again. Right now I own a 91 DR400 with lots of go-fast goodies, engine and suspension. I used to be a racer (enduro and ISDE) and in fact won the Oregon State 4stroke Championship in 1992. As I don't ride much anymore I want to make sure I get the BEST bike for my money(read; I plan on keeping whatever I get for a while :) ), I read the mags, find lots of info on the YZ, but not much on the WR. Where can I get the hard facts on the WR? engine output, horsepower curves, pre and post-mods, head to head comparisons, ect Remember I am not interested in YZ numbers, only WR numbers. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

Check out the March issue of Dirt Bike (or was it Dirt Rider) - I understand there is a good WR test in that issue. Also, check out the older posts on this forum using the search function.

How can you go wrong?

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 02-11-2001).]

I figure you're down to either a WR426F or a KTM400 or a WR250FR.

And which one will depend on your style and size and riding location and type of riding.

I know one thing... as fast as a guy as Ty Davis is... for him to say that the YZ250F is "the bike they built for me" (because he likes it so much)... is pretty amazing.

I think the WR426F is a little too much bike for a lot of conditions.

As good a rider as you were/are.. you probably already know what is best for you.

If you have a GOOD KTM dealer close by with a good rep on parts and pricing, it's not a bad way to go.