2007 yz450 shootout story in....

dirt rider?, mxa? transworld?

i think it was the march 07 issue of one of these. it had the 450 shootout. in it was listed recommended suspension and jetting specs.

ive tried googling and had no luck. im trying to find the settings for my 07 yz450.

can anyone help out?

thanks....

If I recall correctly, the following was published:

March 08 Motocross Action Mag

Bike: 08 YZ450

Main Jet: 160

Pilot Jet: 45 (stock)

Starter Jet: stock

Needle: NFLR (stock)

Clip: 3rd

Leak: 55

Fuel screw: 2-3/8

Comment "Apart from fuel screw adjustments, the YZ450F ran like a top."

Before y'all say - 'yeah, but that is for the 08', from memory, they also mentioned that Yamaha had gone with their recommended settings from the 07 for the 08 model. That would mean that the stock 08 = MXA 07 recommended jetting.

Stock Settings:

Pilot Jet: 45

Starter Jet: 72

Leak Jet: 55

Fuel screw/Setting: 1.5-2.0 turns out

Needle/Position: NFLR-3

Bit unsure on the 07 suspension, but think they left the 08 almost standard.

I think I have the electronic version of the article somewhere, so will dig it out when I get home and email you the relevant page(s).

dirtaddict.. what alt are u running? up here in the dez stock was pretty good for me. with minimal popping..(adjusted the fuel screw and it was all good)..

but a easy way to check to see if u need a dif pilot get urself a fuel screw.. and make some adustments off that. anything past 3 turns you will need a bigger pilot..

the manual has a pretty good write up on how to adjust.. or tell if u need adjustments.

thanks for the replies.

ive got the bike jetted per grayracer's sticky thread ( 165/48, stock needle, a/s 2 1/2..) it runs great.

i was really looking for the suspension settings. at the time of the article my buddy who weighs 230ish used the heavy guy settings and thought them perfect. now that i have a 07, i wanted to use the 'average joe' ones for me.

btw, i had the bike at I5 mx yesterday. at 1st i felt like a fish outa water, coming off of a rm250 2t. by the end of the day i was back to battling with my buddy. i actually felt really good coming out of some of the turns and pulling on him.

I ride desert and MX with 40 foot jumps max.

2007 YZ 450 F

Front: Comp = 16 Out; Rebound = 10 Out

Rear: Comp L/S 16 Out; H/S 1/2 in Full Soft

5'10 200 + pounds with gear.

Intermidiate Rider

I ride desert and MX with 40 foot jumps max.

2007 YZ 450 F

Front: Comp = 16 Out; Rebound = 10 Out

Rear: Comp L/S 16 Out; H/S 1/2 in Full Soft

5'10 200 + pounds with gear.

Intermidiate Rider

thats along the lines im looking for....thank you. is that stock suspension?

thats along the lines im looking for....thank you. is that stock suspension?

stock with stock oil.

need to have it changed.

dirt rider?, mxa? transworld?

i think it was the march 07 issue of one of these. it had the 450 shootout. in it was listed recommended suspension and jetting specs.

ive tried googling and had no luck. im trying to find the settings for my 07 yz450.

can anyone help out?

thanks....

Okay - it was the March 2007 MXA Magazine article that had the following:

Jetting

Bike: 07 YZ450

Pilot Jet: 45

Needle: NFLR

Clip: 4th

Fuel screw: 2-1/8 turns

Notes: "We spent a little time adjusting the fuel screw whenever the temperature or humidity changed, but other than that the YZ450F ran like a metronome"

Fork Settings

Spring Rate: 0.47kg/mm

Oli Height: 340cc

Compression: 11 clicks out

Rebound: 6 clicks out

Fork Leg Height: 5mm up

Notes: "The YZ450F forks work very well. The chassis is very sensitive to fork height adjustments. We typically slide the fork legs up in the clamps to load the front end with more weight and to steepen the head angle."

Shock Settings

Spring Rate: 5.5kg/mm

Race Sag: 100mm

Hi-compression: 2-1/8 turns out (1-1/2 turns stock)

Lo-Compression: 8 clicks out

Rebound: 8 clicks out

Notes: Make small (about 1/8th turn) adjustments to the high-speed compression clicker to adjust the attitude of the chassis at speed. Yamaha's high-speed compression clicker (the large dial) is very sensitive to adjustment.

Trust this helps. Drop me a PM if you want me to email the actual shootout article.

RJB, thank you very much. that's what i was looking for :worthy: