HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Two-Six

Tire Question?

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am about to order some tires and I can't decide between bridgestone 403 and 404's, or a Dunlop 756 front and 952 rear. I have ran the Dunlop combo before and liked the front a lot and the rear was ok. I kinda want to try the Bridgestones, but I don't know what to run. I am riding a 06 YZ450F BTW.

I havent tried bridgestones yet but I like that dunlop combo. Try ordering the Dunlop 756RR front/rear (Race Replicas). Order them from Chaparralmotosports (google it) and they are about $5 cheaper than the regular dunlops...they only have a limited supply, that's why they are al little cheaper. The Dunlop 952 last a lot longer but for me, it dosent have the best side traction. Good luck!:banghead::eek:

*The RR's are legit stuff!:worthy:

My favorite set-up for MX is a Dunlop 756 front with a Bridgestone 404 rear.

If you are on a budget, buy the 952 rear (wears very well-3 hard rides on mine and the knobs are just barely starting to round). The 952 is a great rear tire and hooks-up well, but in my opinion, the Bridgestone bites a little better in the soft/intermediate stuff. Depends on your track, I guess.

I have found the tires cheap at Motorcycle-Superstore.com and Chaparral-racing.com. I still can't make a decision though, they cost about the same, I might go with the Bridgestones because the M403 will probably last longer than the D756.

I have found the tires cheap at Motorcycle-Superstore.com and Chaparral-racing.com. I still can't make a decision though, they cost about the same, I might go with the Bridgestones because the M403 will probably last longer than the D756.

I just got the m403 and m404 combo ... I used to run Dunlop 756RR they hooked like no other! But also lost tread like no other! (I know it's a racing tire ...) I'm going of a referral from a AA Enduro rider and he said that the 404 will grip harder and last about twice as long ... :worthy:

Hey has anyone ran Pirelli 's? I found them really cheap and would consider them if they are decent tires.

where did you find Pirelli's cheap?

Hey has anyone ran Pirelli 's? I found them really cheap and would consider them if they are decent tires.
A number of people here have said they like the Scorpion line quite a bit.

I think I am gonna try them, one problem though. I am looking for a intermediate front and a mid-soft rear. I have decided on the Mid soft 32 rear, but I don't think pirelli makes a intermediate front, they make mid hard and mid soft but not just a intermediate. Can someone point out to which Pirelli tire is just a intermediate?