HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breel19

yz400f

10 posts in this topic

I have owned my 98 since new. I have thrashed it for over 10 years with verry little problems. I feel the early Yamaha 400 and 426's were overbuilt so that there reputation would never suffer. $1400 sounds about right but it doesn't hurt to negociate if possible. Good luck

I just gave $1000 for a 98, that needed a little carb work and clutch cable. So 1400 aint too bad.

This thread gives me a good idea of where to price my '99 400F.

FWIW I've owned my bike since new in '99, it's been one of the most reliable bikes ever. Can't go wrong with their durability.

Needed it's 1st valve adjustment last year, and they were just barely out of spec!!! (although it's got very low hours for a '99, maybe 125 - 135)

I just bought a 99 yz 400f for $800.00:moon: No it is not stolen and it has no problems. The guy originally had it for $1,500.:worthy:

probly one of the most reliable bikes I have ever had. do normal maintenance,and she will give you know worries. my only problem when I bought it I had trouble getting the starting proceedure down. but once you get it it's easy. I can start it with my slippers on now!. If you ride trails the 10oz flywheel wieght does wonders to smooth out the power and I never stall it anymore:thumbsup: I've had this bike for 3 yrs now and can not ever see me getting rid of it,I love it!:worthy:

This thread gives me a good idea of where to price my '99 400F.

FWIW I've owned my bike since new in '99, it's been one of the most reliable bikes ever. Can't go wrong with their durability.

Needed it's 1st valve adjustment last year, and they were just barely out of spec!!! (although it's got very low hours for a '99, maybe 125 - 135)

this thread makes me want to buy back my old 400 :thumbsup: